Apple adjika is a great sauce that will complement pasta, cereals, potatoes, meat and, in principle, any food (there are even first-course recipes with the addition of this sauce). The taste of adjika is piquant, sweetish and spicy, it is in apple sauce that there is also sourness, which well emphasizes the taste of meat or kebab. This sauce is not only tasty, it is also incredibly useful, all the ingredients contain a lot of vitamins that the body needs so much in winter.
Cooking adjika with apples is simple: you just need to choose one of the many recipes of this sauce and get down to business. But at first it will be useful to get acquainted with some features of the traditional adzhika.
Trends cooking adzhiki of tomatoes and apples
Apples and even tomatoes were not always on the list of essential components of adzhika. Initially, the sauce with the same name began to be prepared in Abkhazia, and only herbs, garlic and hot pepper were used as ingredients for it. It is clear that not everyone can eat such a sauce; one must be a special lover of spicy dishes.
Over time, the sauce recipe was transformed, adapted to domestic tastes and preferences. As a result, adjika became tomato, and numerous spices, other vegetables, and even fruits add to its taste. The most popular companion for tomatoes are apples.
Not all varieties of apples are suitable for cooking adzhika: we need strong, juicy, sour apples. But sweet and soft varieties do not fit at all, they only spoil the taste of the sauce.Attention! It is better to choose Antonovka from domestic varieties for making adzhika with apples for the winter.
In addition to apples, Bulgarian pepper, carrots, zucchini, onions can be added to the recipe. And piquancy will give herbs: parsley, basil, coriander, dill and others.
All ingredients for adzhika must be minced with the help of a conventional meat grinder, this is how the small lumps of vegetables characteristic of the sauce will turn out. The blender is completely unsuitable for this purpose, as it breaks the vegetables into a smooth mash - the adjika taste will be completely different.
After cooking, the sauce is ready to eat: it can be eaten fresh or closed for the winter.
Traditional recipe adjika with apples
This recipe is rightfully considered one of the easiest. He is especially loved by those hostesses who have very little free time, as the sauce is prepared quickly and simply.
For adzhika for the winter you need to take:
- two kilograms of tomatoes;
- kilogram of sweet pepper;
- 0.5 kg of sweet and sour apples;
- 0.5 kg of carrots;
- The amount of hot pepper in adjika completely depends on how much the spicy people in the family (on average, this is about 100 grams);
- garlic need a pair of heads;
- a glass of refined oil;
- salt and ground black pepper put to taste.
Important! To prepare the sauce, it is recommended to use red bell pepper, as it goes well with the main ingredient of adzhika - tomatoes. Although the color of vegetables does not affect the taste of dishes, it is only a matter of aesthetics.
Traditional adjika should be prepared in the following sequence:
- All ingredients are washed and cleaned. With apples and tomatoes, it is better to remove the rind to make the sauce more tender, without any inclusions.
- Grind all products using a meat grinder. Add spices according to the recipe.
- Put the sauce in a deep dish and cook for about 2.5 hours, stirring constantly. The fire should be the most minimal.
- Ready adjika impose in sterilized jars and rolled.
You can use for the preservation of this sauce and the usual plastic lids, but it is better to pre-pour them with boiling water for sterilization.Attention! If you take products in this proportion, the output should be six half liter jars of sauce, that is, three liters of product.
Quick cooking adzhika with apples
An even simpler technology, which will be especially appreciated by lovers of fresh sauce, although this adjika can be safely preserved for the winter. Products used are the following:
- in equal proportions take apples, paprika and carrots;
- a tomato needs three times more than each of the previous ingredients;
- hot pepper will need 1-2 pods (depending on how much the family loves a sharp taste);
- the amount of garlic also affects the spiciness and piquancy of the sauce; a few heads should suffice;
- salt is necessary at the rate of 1 spoon per 3 kg of tomatoes;
- sugar put two times more than salt;
- The same rule applies to vinegar;
- Sunflower oil - no less than a glass.
Cooking quick adjika is simple:
- Apples are peeled and cut out of the core.
- Tomatoes and other products are also recommended to be peeled.
- Cut vegetables and apples into convenient pieces (so that they enter the neck of the meat grinder) and grind.
- All products are laid out in a pan with a thick bottom and cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Then add the necessary spices, if it is provided - put the greens. Sauce need to boil another 5-10 minutes.
- To garlic aroma was bright and rich, it is recommended to add this ingredient at the very end of cooking adzhika. So the essential oils of garlic will not have time to evaporate, and all its beneficial properties will remain in full.
- Now adjika with apples for the winter can be rolled up in sterile jars.
Tip! If adjika is cooked at one time, in a small amount, you can not soil the meat grinder, but use a regular grater. This will keep the usual structure of the sauce, unlike the blender.
It takes no more than an hour to prepare the sauce with apples according to this express recipe, which will be appreciated by busy housewives.
Sour-sharp adjika with apples for the winter
Adjika, the recipe of which is presented below, has a pronounced sharpness, as well as spicy sourness. The sauce is good for ordinary side dishes and meat, and can be used as a seasoning for poultry dishes. Poultry meat is a little dry, and the acid from adzhika will certainly make it more tender.
To prepare adjika with apples for this recipe you will need the following products:
- kilogram of apples of the most acidic varieties that can only be found;
- per kilogram of bell peppers and carrots;
- tomatoes in the amount of three kilograms;
- 0.2 kg of peeled garlic;
- a glass of sunflower oil, vinegar (6%) and granulated sugar;
- 2-3 pods of hot peppers;
- 5 tablespoons of salt (no slides).
Cooking sauce, like previous recipes, is a snap. For this you need:
- Prepare all the ingredients: wash, peel, remove the stem and seeds.
- Grind vegetables and apples on a grater or chop them with a household grinder.
- Put the resulting mass in an enamel bowl and simmer for about 50 minutes.
- Then add the spices, mix the adjika thoroughly.
- Boil for another 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly with a spoon or wooden spatula.
- Garlic is also better to put at the end of cooking so that it does not lose its flavor. After that, the adjika is thoroughly mixed again.
- You can put the sauce in sterilized jars and roll them up or cover with plastic lids.
Adjika with apples and tomatoes without preservation
To prepare a winter snack or sauce, it is not necessary to use a sealer key. This adjika recipe is also characterized by the fact that there are no tomatoes in it - they are replaced by sweet Bulgarian pepper.
Ingredients need the following:
- Bulgarian pepper - three kilograms;
- hot pepper - 500 grams;
- carrots and apples in equal quantities - 500 grams each;
- 2 cups vegetable oil;
- 500 grams of peeled garlic (another feature of this adzhika is an increased dose of garlic);
- spoon of sugar;
- salt - to taste;
- a large bunch of dill, parsley or cilantro (it is good to use a mixture of these herbs).
Cooking this sauce a little longer than the previous ones, but the result is worth it. The output should be about five liters adjika with apples.
Prepare it like this:
- All carefully washed and cleaned.
- Both types of pepper are minced.
- Apples and carrots need to be rubbed on a coarse grater.
- Chop garlic with a press or cut it with a knife.
- Greens cut with a knife as small as possible.
The peculiarity lies in the fact that it is not necessary to cook this adjika - it is enough to stir it, add all the spices and arrange in clean jars. Store the sauce in the refrigerator under capron lids. If sterility is observed, the sauce will calmly “live” until next summer and will delight with fresh vitamins and spicy taste.
Recipe for winter adzhika with tomatoes and herbs
The exclusive taste of this sauce is provided with a large amount of greenery. In the rest, adjika is similar to all other recipes. You will need:
- 500 grams of sweet pepper;
- kilogram of tomatoes;
- 2 carrots;
- three pods of hot peppers;
- one large apple;
- on a bunch of cilantro and basil;
- garlic head;
- 1 tsp salts;
- 2 tbsp. sugar;
- 2 tbsp. 6 percent vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. refined oil.
Grind tomatoes for such adzhika can blender. This greatly simplifies and speeds up the whole process of its preparation, because in this case it is not necessary to peel the rind from the tomatoes - it will still be ground to a puree state. The remaining vegetables, as usual, are ground in a meat grinder.
All crushed products are loaded into the pan and stewed for at least 40 minutes with constant stirring. Greens, spices and garlic are added at the end of cooking adjika, then stew the sauce for another 5-10 minutes.
Before seaming, add vinegar to the adjika jars, stir it well.
Adjika with tomatoes, apples and wine
This is one of the most interesting recipes, featuring a particularly savory taste. In this case, it is necessary to prepare adjika a little differently than is customary.
You will need products in such quantities:
- tomatoes - 10 pieces of medium size;
- apples - 4 pieces (it is better to take green ones, they are sour);
- red dessert wine - 250 ml;
- large hot pepper - 1 pod;
- red paprika - 1 piece;
- hot chili sauce - a teaspoon;
- granulated sugar - 200 grams;
- salt - to taste (on average, two tablespoons).
Now we need to describe in detail the technology of making this special adjika from tomatoes and apples:
- All vegetables and apples are thoroughly washed.
- The hearts are removed from the apples and the skin is peeled off.
- Cut apples into cubes, fall asleep with sugar and pour the same glass of wine there.
- A bowl of shredded apples put on a low fire and boil until they absorb all the wine.
- All other ingredients are cleaned and cut into small pieces.
- Boiled apples should be mashed. To do this, you can use a blender, grater or meat grinder (depending on the number of products).
- All the ingredients are mixed with applesauce and boiled for about a quarter of an hour, at the end they add hot pepper, chili and paprika.
- After removing the adjika from the heat, leave it for 10-15 minutes under the lid so that the sauce is infused.
- Now you can roll adjika in banks.
Prepare adjika at least one of the recipes described - it will be enough to love this sauce with all your heart, and prepare it again every year!