Sterilization of cans in the oven is a favorite and proven method of many housewives. Thanks to him, you do not need to stand near a huge pot of water and be afraid that some kind of bank will burst again. Today, most have already switched to more modern methods of sterilization and are very pleased with the results. Let's consider how to properly conduct such sterilization not only of empty cans, but also of containers with blanks.
Sterilization of cans in the oven
In the oven it is very convenient and easy to sterilize empty cans. And it doesn’t matter what size they are. In the oven can fit more containers than in a microwave or pan. Some hostesses also sterilize metal covers in this way.
Banks first wash and turn them on a dry towel to glass the water. Then put the container on a baking sheet down the neck. You can also put the cans just on the grid. The stove is turned on just before putting the container in it. Or immediately after you put the banks inside.Attention! The furnace is heated to a temperature of 150 ° C.
Immediately after the oven is heated to the required temperature, it is necessary to detect the time. For half-liter cans it will take at least 10 minutes, one-liter containers should be sterilized for about 15 minutes, two-liter containers should be left in the oven for 20 minutes, and three-liter containers - for half an hour. Near the cans you can put the necessary covers. But they should not have any rubber parts.
Many consider this method of sterilization the most convenient. But what if the prescription is required to warm the jars with the blank? Even in this case, the oven can help you out. Below you will see how to do it right.
Sterilization of blanks in the oven
As in the previous case, the banks should be washed in water with detergent and soda. They are then dried on a towel so that the water is completely glass. After that, the container is poured ready salad or jam. Processing of such roll-in occurs as follows:
- Tara can be put in a cold or slightly warm oven.
- It is spread on the prepared baking sheet or on the grill itself.
- From above each container is covered with a metal lid. They simply put on top of not spinning.
- Set the temperature to 120 ° C.
- After the oven warms up to the desired temperature, you need to hold the container inside for the necessary time. It is necessary to notice time from the moment when bubbles begin to appear on the surface. In the recipe it should be specified how much to process the workpiece. If there is no such information in it, then the blanks are sterilized as much as the empty container.
- Next, you need to carefully remove the seals from the oven. To do this, be sure to use kitchen gloves and towels. The container must be held with two hands. After this seaming put on a dry towel. If it is a little wet, the jar can crack from the temperature drop.
How to properly sterilize the cap
First of all, you need to inspect the covers for any damage. Unusable covers are thrown away and good ones are left for further processing. You can do this in different ways. Some housewives just put them in the oven with the banks. Others consider that it is best to simply boil them in a small saucepan.Important! The caps are sterilized for 10 minutes.
So, you can process covers in any way convenient for you. The main thing is to withstand the necessary time. Boil you cover or keep in the oven, you need to very carefully get them. To do this, use kitchen tongs, which are used for meat.
What to consider
To make the whole process successful, you need to remember some rules:
- Heat containers can be at different temperatures, from 100 to 200 degrees. The holding time of the cans should be changed depending on the temperature, if the temperature is high, then the time is reduced accordingly.
- It is necessary to take the container out of the oven very carefully. Also, it can not be long kept in the room after that. Ready preservation for the winter immediately poured into hot jars. If the tank cools down, it may burst due to the temperature drop.
- For cold roll-ups, on the contrary, you first need to cool, and only then fill with content.
Some believe that the lid can not be heated in the oven. Also for these purposes, in no case can not use a microwave. It is best to just boil them in water for 15 minutes. But the banks can be sterilized in the microwave is very possible. It is no less convenient than in the oven. And the most important advantage of such methods is that there will be no evaporation in the room. You will feel comfortable and not get tired at all, since you will not breathe in heavy moist air.
How good it is when the preparation of conservation for the winter does not tire and does not cause any inconvenience. Sterilization of blanks in the oven is exactly that. No huge pots and lots of water are needed. The temperature in the oven with blanks should be more than 100 ° C. Sterilized jars quickly, no more than 25 minutes. If it is a half-liter tank, then, in general, only 10 minutes. This is a great way for everyone to try!