In winter, people lack vitamin deficiencies, which often cause them to get sick. At this time, cabbage should appear on the table almost every day. It has already been proven that nutrients and vitamins, including vitamin C, are reduced in the fresh-vegetable vegetable, in the process of keeping quality. But in salted, pickled or pickled cabbage with carrots and beets, all in abundance. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) becomes even more. It's no wonder that cabbage blanks are called northern lemons.
To pickle cabbage is not at all difficult; it is a task even for a novice hostess. All ingredients are readily available, blanks are perfectly kept all winter. We will share some variants of pickling cabbage, so that there are always vitamins on your table.
Cabbage marinated with beets and carrots is one of the favorite pieces of Russian hostesses, so there are many options.
We offer you a few recipes.
Recipe number 1
You will need to cook:
- 1 kg 500 grams of white cabbage;
- one big beet;
- two carrots;
- several cloves of garlic;
- sunflower oil (better refined) - 125 ml;
- salt - 60 grams;
- granulated sugar - half a cup;
- water - 1 liter;
- table vinegar - 150 ml;
- Lavrushka - 3 leaves;
- allspice or coriander - at will and taste preferences.
- After cleaning and washing the vegetables in cold water should be sliced. Cut the cabbage into large pieces and use a grater with large cells to grind beets and carrots. Cut the garlic into thin slices.
- Put the vegetables in layers in a sterilized jar. Its volume depends on your choice, although small jars are always more convenient. The bottom layer is cabbage, then carrots, beets and garlic. At the very top lay a bay leaf and optionally sweet pepper with peas or coriander. 3
- pour the water into the saucepan;
- as soon as it boils, add salt and sugar, boil for 2 minutes;
- after shutting down pouring vinegar.
Immediately pour the marinade in the cabbage with beets and carrots. In each jar pour 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
We roll with steamed tin or screw caps. Consume pickled cabbage in a week. You can store the billet for the winter in the refrigerator or cellar.
Recipe number 2
For the preparation of pickled cabbage with beets and carrots, we need to prepare the following ingredients:
- head of cabbage on 2 kg;
- beets and carrots - one by one;
- garlic 3 or 4 cloves.
Marinade will be prepared on the basis of a liter of water, adding:
- sunflower oil - 250 ml;
- table vinegar - 125 ml;
- granulated sugar - 1 glass;
- salt 60 grams.
- The cabbage according to the recipe is cut into slices 2x3 cm, we cut the carrots into circles. Beets and garlic - thin slices.
- Marinate the cabbage in the pan. Fold the vegetables in layers. At the very top should be cabbage. Layers are compacted before pouring.
- Pour the contents of the pan with hot marinade and put oppression on top.
- After cooling the brine store the vegetables in the refrigerator, spreading them in jars.
After three days, you can make borscht or delicious vitamin salads from pickled vegetables.
Recipe - Quick Cabbage
It often happens that pickled cabbage needs to be received by the arrival of guests. According to the following recipe, you can pickle vegetables in a few hours.
In addition, products require a minimum of:
- cabbage - 0.4 kg;
- carrots and beets one by one;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- sunflower oil - 50 ml;
- black pepper - 6-7 peas;
- vinegar 9% - 30 ml;
- salt - 15 grams;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon.
So, pickle cabbage. We rub vegetables on a Korean grater, and chop cabbage finely. Chop garlic cloves.
First, lay out the cabbage, then carrots, beets and garlic.
Mix the vegetables (do not grind!) And shift to a sterile jar to the top.
In a clean saucepan, cook the pot from the ingredients indicated in the recipe. Immediately, as soon as the marinade boils, pour it into the jar.
When the pot has cooled, the vegetables are ready for consumption. Although, of course, beets need to marinate longer, so the color and taste after a few hours will not be saturated.
Pickled cabbage can make a vinaigrette or just a salad, adding onions. Enjoy your meal!
It is important to know
If you want to get delicious pickled cabbage with carrots and beets, listen to our advice:
- For marinating, use glass, enamel or wood dishes. But aluminum containers for these purposes are not suitable, since the metal interacts with acid, causing the workpiece to be unusable.
- After pouring, there is always a small amount of marinade. It does not need to be poured, since it will have to be poured into cans so that the cabbage is not open.
- If you like pickled vegetables with sweet peppers, then you need to consider that the harvest will be sweetened.
- We advise you to transfer the pickled vegetables in small jars, since the open harvest can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 7 days.
You can use any option of marinating, add your “Raisins” and make useful, vitamin preparations for the winter. By the way, pickled vegetables can be used not only for salads and borscht, but also for cooking pies and dumplings.