Every year remontnaya raspberry is gaining increasing popularity among gardeners and gardeners. This is explained by the fact that such a berry has a significant advantage - the plant can bear fruit up to two times a year. Maravilla is one of the most modern and trendy varieties of remontant raspberries. To take a closer look at her, consider her description, photos and reviews. We learn about the different ways of growing raspberries.
The raspberry variety Maravilla was obtained by Californian breeders in 1996 for breeding on an industrial scale. Initially cultivated in Europe. In 2011, raspberries were imported into Russia and sold. And gardeners and gardeners began to grow it on their plots. The full name of the variety is Driscoll Maravilla.
This is a modern variety of repair raspberries, which brings two crops per year: from the beginning of May to the middle of July and from the end of September to November. In the spring, Maravilla produces twice as many berries (65-70% of the total crop) as in the fall (30-35%). On average, 20-25 tons of raspberries are harvested per hectare. And when grown in greenhouses - up to 50 tons.
Maravilla is characterized by strong-growing and medium shrub, which can reach 2.5-3.5 meters in height and 65-70 cm in width. The shoots are upright and thick, evenly covered with small spikes. The plant blooms with white flowers of medium size, which form inflorescences on the tops of the stems. On average, raspberry bush of this variety consists of 5-6 shoots, which are painted in red and purple.
The fruits of the Maravilla raspberry are large, dense, weighing up to 12-14 g and with a diameter of up to 2.5-3 cm. The berries have a bright red color, slight shine and regular shape, similar to a shortened cone. The pulp is aromatic, sweet, with a slight sourness. Seeds almost not felt.
The fruiting area on the stem begins at 1.8 m from the ground. This part of the shoot forms a large number of literals, each of which carries 35-40 berries.
Raspberry varieties Maravilla demand among gardeners, as it has a number of positive aspects:
- high yields and large fruits;
- during transportation, the berries retain their product and taste qualities;
- raspberries can be stored for a long time, not caking and not rotting (in the refrigerator up to 15 days);
- berries do not crumble and do not darken;
- rich taste;
- early ripening and a large amount of the first crop;
- the period of ripening raspberries can be adjusted.
Raspberry Maravilla favorably with other varieties of beautiful and high-quality berries. Therefore, this variety prevails on the shelves of shops and is of interest among buyers.
Like any raspberry variety, Maravilla has some drawbacks. The greatest yield can be obtained only when growing shrubs in the greenhouse. In the open ground berries may not have time to ripen before the onset of cold weather. There is also the risk of replacing a sapling with a purchase.Tip! The plant is best purchased in qualified nurseries or from trusted vendors. This ensures the quality of the plant and its varietal identity.
For landing Maravilla is recommended to choose a sunny and windless area with a flat surface. Remontnye varieties of berries require more moisture and light than regular raspberries. If the bush is planted in the shade, its yield will decrease.
Groundwater should be no closer than 1 meter from the surface. The repair raspberry of this variety feels comfortable in the fertile, light and slightly acidic soil. The recommended soil type is loam.
The acidity index should vary in the range of 5.7-6.6 pH. If the soil is acidic, ground limestone or dolomite is added to it. Bad raspberry precursors of this variety are peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, eggplants, and strawberries.Attention! Berry bush is recommended to plant along the fence or wall of the house.
Raspberry maravilla is grown in film tunnels (greenhouses) and in open ground. Consider each of the methods in detail.
In the open ground
When growing remontant raspberries of this variety in open ground, the second harvest will not please the volume. The fruits do not have time to fully ripen before the onset of cold weather. But many gardeners and horticultural farms successfully grow Maravilla in this way.
Raspberry seedlings of this variety can be planted both in autumn (October, November) and in early spring (until the buds have blossomed). Before planting, the root system of the plant is dipped in a solution of chernozem, mullein or clay.
- The selected area is cleaned of weeds and carefully dig the ground.
- For each square meter contribute 2 buckets of rotted peat or humus, a glass of potassium sulfate and superphosphate.
- Dig landing pits with a depth of 45-50 cm at a distance of 70 cm. The interval between rows should be 1.5-2 meters.
- Straighten the roots of a raspberry seedling and lower it into the recess.
- The pit is filled with soil so that the root neck is at the level of the ground.
- The soil around the bush tamped and watered with 5 liters of warm water.
In film tunnels
This method of cultivation allows you to achieve the maximum percentage of ripening of both spring and autumn raspberry harvest. Since the berries are not baked in the sun and are not damaged by the wind, the bush of Maravilla will bear only high-quality fruits. Indoors, you can control the air temperature and soil moisture, so the probability of infection of raspberries with fungal diseases is reduced.
In the tunnels Maravilla is grown using long cane technology. Before planting, raspberry seedlings are stored in a refrigerator at a temperature not lower than 0 degrees. In March, they are planted in round containers of 8-10 liters filled with substrate. Tanks are placed in rows, the interval between which is 1.5-2 m. The pots are placed 6-8 cm above ground level in order to minimize the risk of infection of the bush with rot and disease. Since the variety is characterized by tallness, a trellis is installed in the rows to support the raspberry bush. Using this technology, in May you can harvest the first crop. In the usual greenhouse Maravilla planted according to the standard scheme.
Peculiarities of care
The repair raspberry needs regular care:
- It is necessary to remove weeds and loosen the soil around the bush, as Maravilla does not like dense, heavy soil. During the season, the procedure is carried out 5-6 times, starting in early spring. Pristvolny circle raspberries loosen to a depth of 6-8 cm, and the aisle - 12-15 cm.
- The shrub is watered once a week with separated warm water. In hot weather, the soil is moistened more often. Especially raspberries need watering during the flowering and ripening of berries.
- If the soil was fertilized when planting a seedling, then fertilizing should begin at 3 years. In early spring, nitrogen-containing substances are applied, after 10–15 days, a complex fertilizer or superphosphate, potassium sulphate and urea, after flowering, potash supplements (not to apply in autumn). Twice per season make a mullein.
- In April, they carry out sanitary pruning of raspberry bushes: they remove damaged and dried shoots. After harvesting cut the tops of the shoots, leaving 1.5-1.6 meters. Full pruning carried out in the second year.
- Under the weight of the berries branches can bend and break, therefore, set the trellis.
Caring for raspberries, which grows indoors, has some special features. The greenhouse must be periodically ventilated. It is desirable to mulch the soil with sawdust or nutshell. Some gardeners cover the ground with agrofibre.Important! Top dressings should not contain chlorine.
Raspberry Maravilla may be affected by blight, thrips, spotted fruit flies and other diseases and pests. Therefore, it is important to carry out preventive treatment in time.
With the arrival of spring, the berry bush and the soil are sprayed with Bordeaux mixture or Nitrafen. To destroy pathogenic microorganisms, the procedure is repeated after harvesting. Invasion of pests will prevent the drug Malbofos or Actellic. Raspberry processing is carried out at the beginning of the growing season.
In addition, it is important to promptly remove damaged branches, clean the area from fallen leaves and comply with the agrotechnology of cultivation.
Mikhail, 60 years old, the city of Lebedyan. The rich harvest was obtained in the third year of raspberry cultivation. Only a good, adult bush can show its full potential. The plant is stretched to 2-3 meters. Despite the fact that the season was rainy and cold, the raspberries were large and of very high quality. She did not crumble and easily removed from the stalk. Picked berries do not darken. I definitely recommend this variety. Olga, 35 years old, Verkhnyaya Pyshma, has planted several seedlings of raspberry Maravilla in open ground. The berries are large, very tasty, dry and dense. The average weight of 8-10 g. On one shoot formed about 400 ovaries. According to my calculations, up to 3 kg of crop can be removed from one branch. Collected raspberries lay in the gazebo for about three days - the taste and color did not change.
Malina Maravilla causes great interest among gardeners, as it brings two crops per season. The ripening period can be adjusted, which is very convenient. Raspberries can be obtained when it is not on the market. The price for such berries will be much higher. Fruits tolerate transportation and can be stored in containers for a long time. Therefore, this variety is in demand by both small and large retail outlets.