Growing cucumbers has a lot of features, observing that you can get a high-quality and abundant harvest. Tapestries for cucumbers in the greenhouse - one of them.
Conveniences and advantages of designs
In the people 2 more ways of cultivation of cucumbers are also widespread:
- in spreading - the natural and easiest option when cultivating a vegetable;
- in the bag or barrel - the original and at the same time, not yet received a large distribution.
Growing in a pavement requires a large area for normal plant development. In addition, the increased risk of fungi and the fruits of watering or rain, as a rule, get dirty, getting not very appetizing look. When growing cucumbers in a bag (or barrel), the area of the garden is significantly reduced, the whole structure looks very aesthetic, however? water the plant will have much more than usual.
Thus, the most efficient and convenient way to grow cucumbers is the trellis cultivation system. When arranging the trellis in the greenhouse and in the fresh air, the garden space is much more efficiently used. In addition, it is much easier to harvest from them and cucumbers grow clean and even. At the same time, green fruits are most protected from fungal diseases and rot. The only drawback of the trellis can be identified only by independent mounting and construction.
Types of trellis for cucumbers
Lanes are of two types:
- rigid (metal, wood or plastic constructions), with large cells;
- netted (similar in appearance to fishing nets, which can be minimized).
In the first case, the trellis has a solid frame of metal or wood, in structure resembling a building grid. In general, it consists of several pillars with runner-bars in order to designate the upper and lower boundaries.
In the second case, the trellis is a soft, elastic and strong special mesh, which can be purchased at a garden store or woven with his own hands. This design has no special restrictions on durability, as it is easy to attach the grid to the frame, because it can go around any obstacles. Independently making tapestries for cucumbers in a greenhouse can be done on average from a 5-meter grid, that is, almost flush with the entire length of a standard greenhouse.
The order of work and the necessary tools
In order to make a tapestry yourself, you need to purchase the following set of tools:
- screwdriver, hammer, sledgehammer, knife and pliers;
- embedded wooden sticks, timber from a tree with a section of 3x5 cm, 2 m long (either metal or asbestos pipes);
- screws, screws and nails, mesh or twine.
After all the necessary will be prepared, you can safely proceed to the following step-by-step list of works:
- On the end sides of the bed supports are installed (bars with a cross section of 30x50 mm).
- At a distance of 2.5-3 m from each other, intermediate supports are mounted (for example, for a 5-meter garden bed, only 3 pieces will be needed).
- An intermediate profile is attached to the intermediate supports with a screwdriver with a metal profile using small embedded bars.
- In front of each plant, nails are hammered into a wooden plank and are made in the form of a hook (in case the garden has wooden restraints). If the ridge is unrestricted, then pegs are fixed in the ground. The end of the twine or net is fixed with one end on the support and then, through hooks (pegs), along the crossbar, is pulled over the cucumbers in the shape of an L, that is, it is carried along the entire length of the crossbar to the other end of the second support.
Since cucumbers tend to let the mustache and reach up, clinging to the nearby vertical supports, here they will rise to the net (string) and thus create a beautiful, convenient for harvesting bed shape.
The trellis construction is a creative process. In this regard, each dacha she has an individual look. Fixtures for cucumbers in the greenhouse are also no exception.
To grow a bountiful harvest with the convenience of collecting and caring for garden plants will help any vertical support, specially mounted for this purpose. The main thing is to make it conscientiously and competently, and the rest is the business of the sun and the germ itself.