The taste of pear is known since childhood. Previously, pear was considered a southern fruit, but thanks to the work of breeders, it can now be grown in regions with an unstable climate. These varieties include early childhood pear. Description of the variety, photos, reviews of the pear Nursery will make it possible not to be mistaken in the choice and to easily grow a tree in the Moscow region, Central and Central Russia.
Description pear varieties for children
The children's pear was developed by Soviet scientists as a result of the interbreeding of interspecific hybrid No. 8 with the early ripe variety of Dushes.
Judging by the reviews of gardeners, pear Nursery is an early ripening variety. Fruits begin to pour from mid-July until the end of August. Tall and durable variety forms a pyramidal crown of powerful branches. Seasonal growth of branches is about half a meter.
Pear-shaped fruits look beautiful against the background of oval, dark olive foliage. Flowers appear in early May, and prolonged fruiting can be seen 5 years after planting. White flowers bisexual, therefore, the variety does not require a pollinator.
Nursery Pear is a high-yielding hybrid, up to 40 kg of juicy fruits can be harvested from a single adult tree. The tree is immune to many diseases, tolerates minus temperatures well. Spring frosts and drought varieties are not terrible. This description allows you to grow a pear in both southern cities and in regions with unstable climate.
Pear-shaped, yellow fruits with a pink-orange blush have a mass of not more than 80 g. The rind is dense, uneven, tuberculate. Cream pulp of a pear of a grade Children's juicy, with sweet taste.
Hybrid has the ability to quickly overripe, so the fruits are removed as they mature. Pear Nursery is well transported and can maintain its taste for 30 days. Fruits are used fresh, for making compotes and jams.Tip! Due to the extended fruiting, the pear variety Nursery is not suitable for industrial cultivation.
Pros and cons varieties
Like any plant, Pear Children's has its positive and negative qualities. The positive can be attributed to:
- early ripening;
- early maturity;
- high yield;
- frost and drought tolerance;
- unpretentious care;
- universality in the use of fruits.
Pear has few minuses. Many gardeners consider the size of the fruit to be small and the need to form a crown.
Optimum conditions for growing
Pear Children's refers to unpretentious varieties. Planting and growing a fruit tree is easy; even a novice gardener can handle it.
To obtain a high yield, you must observe the planting dates, choose the right place and sapling.
Planting varieties of pears Children can be carried out in the spring and autumn. Experienced gardeners recommend planting seedlings in the fall, a month before frost. Spring planting is carried out after the thawing of the soil, before bud break. During spring planting, the survival rate is small, since the tree needs to spend a lot of effort on the development of the root system and building up young foliage and new shoots.
The choice of location plays an important role for planting seedlings. Nursery Pear prefers to grow in well-drained, nutritious soil with deep groundwater. If the soil is heavy, clayey needs to be improved. To do this, when digging, sand, humus and mineral fertilizers are applied, this will not only improve the soil structure, but also make it fertile.
The root system of a pear tree is well developed, goes deep into the earth by 6-8 m. Therefore, if the groundwater is located superficially, there is a probability of rotting of the root system.
A landing site should be well lit, on the south side of the site, protected from gusty winds.
Pear seedling is best purchased in nurseries or from trusted suppliers. For better survival, the age of a young plant should be 2-3 years. When choosing, you need to check the root system. It is better that it consists of 3 well developed main roots, surrounded by a network of small roots. The barrel should be without mechanical damage and without signs of disease.
As a rule, garden pears are grafted on quinces or wild seed pears. From the scion depends on the period of the first maturation and the height of the tree. When grafting on a quince, the first crop appears at 3 years after planting, the crown reaches up to 5 m. At pear scion harvest is removed after 5 years, the plant height reaches more than 5 m.
Planting and care for pear Children
According to the characteristics of the Nursery pear, it is clear that it is unpretentious in care and is easy to grow. The yield and quality of the fruit depends on the correctly carried out planting.
Step-by-step instructions for landing work:
- 30 days before planting, they dig a hole 1 m deep and 80 cm wide. The distance between the landing holes must be at least 5 m.
- The extracted soil is mixed with 30 liters of humus and 10 liters of sand. When planting on a poor soil, make complex mineral fertilizers.
- The prepared soil is poured into a planting hole by a knoll and plentifully spilled. After the ground has completely settled, you can start planting a seedling.
- If the plant is purchased with an open root system, it is kept for 6 hours in a bucket of warm water.
- Before planting, the roots are straightened and neatly laid out on the prepared knoll. Near the tree drive 1 m of pegs.
- Before falling asleep the ground, it is necessary to ensure that the root neck is 4-5 cm above the ground.
- Soil is filled with a hole, tamping each layer to avoid the appearance of an air cushion.
- The upper layer is compacted and shed abundantly.
- The seedling is tied to a support, the near-barking circle is mulched with straw, foliage or peat.
Watering and feeding
Children's Pear - drought-resistant variety, so the watering is carried out as the drying of the tree trunk. Regular watering is very important for a young seedling, because the root system is not strong and during the drought it is not able to provide the tree with moisture. For seedlings irrigation should be weekly, 2 buckets of warm water for each copy. To preserve moisture, the soil around the trunk is mulched with straw, peat or sawdust.
After each watering, loosening to a depth of 15-20 cm is carried out. Hilling will prevent the occurrence of pests, enrich the soil with oxygen, and improve gas exchange.
If the pear grows on fertile soil, fertilizing is not required. If on poor soil fertilizing is made 3 times per season:
- spring - organic and nitrogenous fertilizers;
- in the summer - complex mineral fertilizers;
- in the fall - phosphorus-potassium top dressings.
Throughout the season, you can spray the crown with ash extract, it will become foliar feeding and scare away unexpected pests.
Pear Children needs the formation of the crown and sanitary pruning. Sanitary pruning is carried out in early spring before the start of sap flow. To do this, remove frozen, damaged and broken branches.
Pruning is bad for the growth and development of pears, so experienced gardeners resort to the formation of crown mechanically:
- Forming begin immediately after landing. Young branches bend or reject. To do this, use spacers or tie the shoots to the support.
- Branches at an angle of 90 °, straighten spacers.
- Shoots growing at an obtuse angle, tied to the trunk.
Numerous shoots obscure the sun, slow down the growth of flowers and the formation of fruits, therefore, when forming the crown, 6 main branches are left. Skeleton branches are considered crown growing at the lower level. To do this, leave 3 strong healthy shoots on the diameter of the trunk. The next level is formed after the shoots of the lower tier become stronger, gain strength and start growing. To form the 3rd and subsequent tiers, saw off the central conductor.Important! The process of crown formation lasts about 5 years.
Whitewashing pear spend before sap flow and after the onset of the first frost. The meaning of whitewashing is to prevent the barrel from sunburn. Whitewash technology:
- The barrel is cleaned of delamination, moss and fungal diseases. Better to do it with a metal brush or wooden scraper.
- Dry lime is diluted in water to a thick cream.
- To whitewash does not disappear after the rain, it is diluted with soap, silicate or wood glue.
- Whitening is carried out from the roots and above the main stems 30 cm.
- The procedure is done with a paint or straw brush.
Preparing for the winter
Pear Pearl - frost-resistant variety. Adult copies do not need shelter. Young seedlings need to be warmed. To do this, lay a near-trunk circle with a 15 cm layer of mulch, and tie a trunk with spruce branches.
Baby Pear Scavengers
The hybrid is self-fertile, which means that it does not need pollinators. But to increase the harvest you need to plant on the site several different trees that bloom at the same time. This may be a pear Chizhevskaya, Lada, Cathedral. Very often gardeners use a nursery pear as a pollinator for other species.
Pear Children's high-yielding. Fruit picking starts from mid-July and continues until the end of August. Fruiting occurs at 3-5 years after planting. One adult can take a generous harvest, more than 10 kg.
Diseases and pests
Pear Children's has a strong immunity to many diseases. But if you do not follow the rules of tree care, pests can infect the tree:
- Green aphid. Sweet discharge contributes to the development of soot fungi. The first treatment is carried out in early spring before bud break-up with Kinmiks. The second spraying is carried out before flowering, and the third at the stage of formation of the fruit.
- Pear Caterpillar - strikes the sweet flesh. Insecticides will help to get rid of insects.
- Medianitsa - pest sucks the juice from the tree. If you do not carry out timely treatment, pear dries and dies. To combat using insecticides, dandelion infusion or medicinal chamomile, or a decoction of yarrow.
As a preventive measure in spring, the plant is treated with colloidal sulfur or Zircon. This drug will not only prevent the occurrence of pests, but also increase resistance to diseases, adverse weather conditions.
Reviews pear varieties for childrenOlga Simonova, 65 years old, KolpinoGrusha Nursery has been growing in the garden for 10 years now. Grade pleased harvest high. Despite self-pollination, a variety of Lada was planted nearby and in one year collected more than 15 kg. In the description of the variety she read that small fruits are considered a disadvantage. I do not agree, because this disadvantage overlaps the sweet taste and the possibility of whole canning. Puchkov Gennady Petrovich, 60 years old, Mariupol. I know the pear variety Nursery firsthand, I grow it for a long time. The plant is unpretentious, gives a stable harvest. When the year is fruitful, enough for harvesting and for sale. Pears are very popular with children for their beauty, juiciness and small size. I advise everyone to plant a Detskaya pear on the site. Sergey Pavlovich, 54, Dubna Y. - a gardener with experience. Apple trees, plums and pears of various varieties grow in my garden. Among the pears I want to mention a variety of children. He is unpretentious, tolerates Moscow frosts without shelter, is drought tolerant and almost never gets sick. Variety loved by grandchildren for the sweet taste. In the blanks look beautiful. Get Pear Nursery and not be disappointed.
Pear Pearl - unpretentious variety that has become popular among gardeners. His tender, sweet flesh fell in love with not only children, but also adults. Before purchasing a seedling, it is necessary to study the variety description, photos and reviews of the Nursery pear. With a minimum of effort, she will thank for a generous, early and beautiful harvest.