Gardeners have to deal with various problems when growing fruit trees. Very often they do not know what to do if the pear tree branches dry one by one. What is this disease, and what are the methods of treatment - the topic of the article.
Possible reasons why pear dries
Determine immediately the exact cause is not always possible. This is due to the fact that she is not alone. Often, several reasons are combined and simultaneously affect the tree. Even at one site, fruit crops react differently to the same conditions.
To find the reason why pear dries, you need to know the main factors. Among them should be noted:
- Improper fit and illiteracy aftercare. The requirement of a pear to comply with the rules of planting is known to all gardeners. If during the frost the soil ejects the seedling up, the root collar becomes bare, which causes the pear to dry. The second reason for exposure may be improper placement of the seedling during planting.
- Weather. In this case, the cause will be the state of the root system. In the rainy season, the roots do not have enough air, they begin to rot, then die. Dry summer leads to the dehydration of the soil, which also causes the drying of parts of the tree. The second factor is the return frosts during the flowering period of the pear. Plant tissues freeze, then dry out. Also at the beginning of winter, roots can freeze slightly, as pear does not belong to frost-resistant crops.
- Exposure to pests and pathogens. Various diseases, pest invasions can damage a tree and cause its parts or the entire pear to dry out.
Why dry branches at pear
There are some reasons for drying pear branches. It is important to pay attention to the time of the problem. If the branches began to dry in the spring, then it can be a manifestation of a terrible disease - a bacterial burn. The first stage appears on the buds and flowers, then moves to the leaves and branches. Treatment should be a bacterial burn.
If the problem manifested itself in the summer, then the cause could be hydrothermal or sunburn. This is not a disease, but the consequences of exposure to high humidity or air temperature and direct sunlight. Sapling should be protected from adverse factors.
Another climatic factor is frostbite. Freezers can destroy even large sturdy pear branches. Therefore, you should qualitatively insulate the tree before the onset of winter.
Pear branches also dry from bark lesions or the presence of pests. If these are moles, then there are ways to deal with them. From small pests helps treatment Aktara.
Why the pear dries tip
This problem is often called dry top. Most often, drying of the upper tier occurs in the spring, but may occur in the second half of summer. The problem repeats every year. Young seedlings in 2-3 years may die, mature trees reduce yields. There are several reasons why the top of pear dries:
- Agrotechnical violations. This is especially true of the process of planting and care. Most often, the drying of the tops is due to the close location of groundwater. The roots of young pears reach the water, begin to rot and die. Then the top dries out. If the young pear seedling is planted correctly, the tip will dry out last. This determines the reason not related to the landing problems.
- Agrochemical disorders - nutrition, diseases, pests. The young pears dry the tips of the new branches at the end of the summer. If you carefully examine the shoots, you can see the introduction of corrosive woods - the causes of drying. The ends of the shoots are also killed by the eastern pinwort.
The gardener needs to cut out a piece of the top that has shrunk. This will restore the balance between the root system and the crown. If the groundwater is close to the surface, it will be necessary to transplant a pear seedling higher or build a good drainage system.
Why the leaves dry pear
Such a manifestation occurs very often.
Determine the cause does not always work quickly. Since there are many, it is necessary to consider all possible:
- Unsuitable for the tree climatic conditions. Most varieties of pears withstand drought and high temperature is very resistant. But some are cultivated for growing in regions with a cool climate. Therefore, you need to take into account varietal characteristics.
- Wrong care. This category includes the irrigation schedule, the regularity of fertilizing, a sufficient amount of lighting. Excessive or insufficient watering leads to negative changes in the root system. The pear stops getting enough nutrition and moisture. The leaves react, start to dry.
- Fungal infections. These include a large list of diseases, the most common of which is scab. Fungal diseases are treated only with special preparations and preferably at the earliest possible time.
- Pests. Serious damage even leads to a quick drop of foliage, and not only to shrinkage.
Young pears are considered capricious and even capricious trees. Without a sufficient level of care can dry out very quickly.
Why pears dry on a tree
The most likely cause is moniliasis, a fungal disease.
The carriers of the infection are birds, insects, wind. Part of the fruits affected by moniliosis, crumble, the rest dry on the branches. The second name of the disease is fruit rot. It develops in a period of increased heat and humidity. Preventive measures are needed - pruning, removal of diseased fruits, spraying pears at a certain time of development.
Another reason is the lack of nutrition of pear seedlings, the wrong watering schedule.
How to save a pear that dries
The first step is to determine the exact cause of drying out. Of course, if possible. When there is no such opportunity, then check every item listed in the article earlier.
Treatment with chemicals used in the presence of fungal diseases on the pear or the appearance of pests. It is easiest to fight if the necessary preventive sprays were carried out. For therapeutic treatments use copper-containing drugs or fungicides. Among modern drugs stand out antibiotics, which are very effective in drying out pears. Insecticides work against pests:
- Decis Profi;
The solution is prepared strictly according to the instructions, then treated wood. To get rid of the problem it may take several repetitions. It is necessary to closely monitor the state of the pear. Chemical agents do not apply after the end of flowering tree.Important! In any case, remove damaged parts.
The instrument must be decontaminated before and after the procedure.
Currently, new modern biological products have appeared. They are not only therapeutic action, but also therapeutic and preventive. One-time processing is not enough. Biological agents are most often photonestable and quickly decompose under the action of light. The FitoVerm series works well for the destruction of pests. This group includes Actofit, Iskra-bio, Agravertin.
Against fungal infections and for the purposes of prophylaxis, Gamair, Alirin-B, Planriz, Fitosporin-M are used. Protection from rodents is bactorencid.
The most common substance for folk compositions is considered to be ash wood. It serves as a top dressing, protection from pests. In the form of infusion is used for spraying, sprinkle with dry powder branches and near-stem space.
From ticks, aphids and in the form of prevention of fungal diseases prepare infusion of garlic or onion. It is not necessary to clean the culture, the husk is also suitable for making infusions.
A solution of baking soda is used much less frequently, but it is used at the first signs of powdery mildew or fungal foliage lesions.
Effective use of infusions of nut autumn leaves, tobacco, wormwood. All these funds are aimed at preventing and controlling pests of pears.
Rules for the care of the fruit tree
A very important point for the health of pears. The gardener needs to pay attention to the plant at every stage of its development.
- Be sure to check the condition of the soil. For pears need loose fertile land. On clay heavy soil, the roots will quickly begin to rot.
- Make drainage outflows at a close location of groundwater or transplant a young tree higher.
- Regularly pruning and shaping.
- Remove damaged branches or leaves.
- Follow the soil moisture, follow the watering schedule.
- To feed a fruit plant in time.
- Be sure to make and carry out a schedule of preventive wood treatments. Spraying is done not only from pests, but also from possible infection of the pear.
- Carefully inspect the tree regularly.
- Cover the tree before the onset of frost to avoid freezing of the roots or the appearance of freezers.
- Protect from rodents.
If the gardener has noticed that in the garden one branch of a pear tree dries one by one, it is necessary to take measures immediately.
There are several reasons for drying out. In order to save the tree, it will be necessary to strictly adhere to the agrotechnology of cultivation from the moment of planting.