During pregnancy, a woman should especially carefully monitor her health, since it will depend on the proper development of the unborn baby. An important role is played by proper nutrition. So, scientists believe that walnuts in pregnancy should be consumed. Despite the fact that this product has beneficial substances in all parts of the plant, at high concentrations, it can harm not only the fetus, but also pregnant. So now there are many different recipes for pregnant women, including the use of walnuts. You can choose any menu to your liking.
Can pregnant women eat walnuts
Many doctors are still arguing about whether walnuts can be eaten pregnant or not. On the one hand, these products help a woman to restore the balance of nutrients that promotes proper nutrition and development of the fetus. On the other hand, they are caloric, so they can lead to obesity and subsequent complications during and after childbirth.
Doctors found a compromise: you can use these products in case of acute hunger, when there is nothing at hand. Moreover, only a strictly defined amount of walnut fruit per day is allowed.
How are walnuts useful for pregnant women?
The benefits of walnut for women during pregnancy have been proven by many medical professionals in the field of gynecology and obstetrics.
It is known that the benefits and harm of walnuts for pregnant women, primarily depends on those compounds that are contained in the product. The composition of this natural component includes various nutrients.
- Essential and replaceable amino acids (for example: valine, isoleucine, arginine). They not only restore nutritional energy, but also improve the overall flow of the main metabolic processes in the body of a pregnant woman.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and its varieties) contribute to the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract of the body. This not only restores the acidity of the stomach, but also the water-electrolyte balance in general.
- Vitamins (A, B, C, E) not only help strengthen the immunity of the mother and her unborn child, but also restore the functioning of the hormonal system. They have a good effect on the nervous system, being a kind of antidepressants, help to improve the appearance of a pregnant woman: the condition of the skin improves, the condition of the hair is restored, the figure improves.
- Trace elements (copper, boron, manganese, silicon, cobalt, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium) make it possible to restore the body's energy. They help to strengthen the musculoskeletal system of a pregnant woman, who at the end of the term is experiencing very strong physical exertion. In addition, these substances help to establish all the biochemical reactions of the body.
- Phytosterols (there are a lot of them in these products) help to reduce the amount of cholesterol in the blood, thereby clearing the vessels. And it helps to prevent the most difficult consequences for the circulatory and cardiovascular systems of the body of a pregnant woman.
The combined action of all components of walnut fruit helps in solving the problems of the genitourinary and reproductive systems. They also help to improve the condition of the pregnant woman as a whole.Comment! The use of large quantities of these natural ingredients helps to increase the weight of a pregnant woman.
Walnuts during early pregnancy
The benefits of walnuts for pregnant women in the early stages are obvious. In this case, these products have a good effect on the hormonal, nervous, cardiovascular, immune, circulatory, digestive and urinary systems of the pregnant woman. In addition, many experts believe that in the early stages weight gain is simply necessary.
Walnut in late pregnancy
But the effect of walnuts during pregnancy in the 3rd trimester (late term) is no longer as useful as at the beginning. The use of this product leads not only to weight gain, but also to increased stress on the musculoskeletal system of the female body. Experts recommend limiting protein intake, and in walnuts its concentration reaches high values. Therefore, many doctors have drawn up a special menu.
How many walnuts can be pregnant
Depending on the term, the amount of consumed natural component may vary. So, in the first half, women should consume them in large quantities (up to 10-12 pieces) per day. But in the second half of the term, with the threat of weight gain and the appearance of possible serious consequences, the amount should be reduced to 4-5 pieces per day.
Few people know, but the leaves of a walnut plant can also be used. They are especially effective for bleeding gums.
- leaves - 1 tablespoon;
- water - 0.25 l.
- Water to boil.
- Dip the leaves into it. Close the lid.
- Let it brew for 1 hour.
- Store in a cool dark place.
It is recommended to use it for pregnant women several times a day in earlier periods. But before giving birth, the frequency of receiving the product should be reduced.
How best to eat walnuts
In its pure form, walnuts can be eaten only in limited quantities, as indicated above. But various dishes based on them are in great demand: salads, creams, oil and tinctures.
There is a mass of dishes based on this natural product. Pregnant women will benefit from the following recipes.
- apples - 2-3 pieces;
- pears (soft) - 2-3 pieces;
- honey - to taste;
- walnuts (chopped) - 0.25 kg.
- Fruits prepare: wash, dry, peel (peel, seeds, pith and tips). Turn the mashed potatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
The dish is ready to eat.
A mixture against anemia
- lemon peel (chopped) - 0.25 kg;
- honey - to taste;
- walnuts (chopped) - 0.25 kg.
- Mix lemon zest and walnuts.
- Add honey To stir thoroughly.
It is necessary to use means daily on 1 teaspoon (it is desirable in 4 receptions).
Honey and Nut Cream
- walnuts - 2 cups;
- raisins, dried apricots - ½ cup;
- honey - 1 cup;
- butter - 0, 07 kg;
- cocoa - a few chips.
- Dried fruits pour boiling water.
- Butter butter and mix with cocoa.
- Mix everything and add honey.
Cream should be stored in the refrigerator for one week. Eat daily for 3 tsp (can be with tea, in salads and cereals).Comment! Instead of cocoa, you can add chocolate (70%) before melting it.
It is recommended to buy oil from this product. It is worth remembering that it should not be used by people with individual intolerance to the components and people suffering from chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
However, the oil helps to normalize the bowels.
In order that this natural component does not become a by-product and poisonous product, several rules should be observed:
- Store walnuts (with peel) to be in a dark, cool place. And the purified product in a tightly closed container in the freezer. In no case do not allow dampness.
- Preparatory work is also important. Rinse and dry them thoroughly. Kernels before drinking or cooking should be soaked for several hours.
It is important to chew the product well, so as not to aggravate digestive problems.
Contraindications to walnuts during pregnancy
The main contraindication is the individual intolerance to the components of walnuts - an allergic reaction. Also, caution should be applied to women suffering from problems with the work of the intestine, because during pregnancy increases the frequency of constipation and indigestion. In addition, peptic ulcer disease can only worsen.
If there are any ulcers in the mouth or inflammation of the tonsils, as well as a failure in the hormonal system of the female body, you should stop eating walnuts.
Walnuts during pregnancy help a variety of body systems of women. However, an unlimited amount of this product can harm a pregnant woman. Therefore, before eating walnuts, you should consult with a specialist and make your individual menu.