Pears, like other fruit crops, are often attacked by insects. Among them are leaf-sucking, sheet-eating, as well as pests affecting flowers and fruits. Treating pears in the spring from pests is an important event that should not be neglected. About what drugs are needed to protect pear trees from pests, the rules for their use, will be discussed further.
Rules for the treatment of pest pears
To combat insect pests was successful, you need to know some of the nuances:
- Remove old bark, moss and lichen from the bark of the pear tree with a stiff brush. You need to work carefully so as not to damage the healthy bark.
- The first treatment is carried out at temperatures above +5 degrees early in the morning or evening. Choose clear calm weather. The presence of precipitation will make the processing useless.
- Spraying is carried out not only on the crown of the tree. They also process the trunk of the pear, the soil in the near-stem circle, since pests can be found everywhere.
- Solutions are prepared immediately before processing in accordance with the instructions. When working with chemicals you need to use work clothes so as not to harm health.
- For processing in spring or autumn, young pears use mild drugs to prevent the plants from getting burned.
Processing of pears and apples from pests is carried out in the spring, summer and autumn. Preparations are used depending on the type of pests. Between treatments to pass a certain time.Important! It is not recommended to spray planting against pests with only one drug. They need to alternate to avoid getting used to.
Time of processing
Early spring, until the leaves bloom
"DNOC 40%", "Nitrafen" (pasta 40%), "Ditox", "Bi-58"
For processing pear from tick
After the appearance of foliage
When the flowers open
Until the buds open
When the tracks appear
Karbofos, Fufanon, Kemifos
When flowering is over
"Detsis", "Karbofos", "Fufanon", "Inta-Vir"
21-28 days after flowering
Before flowering and after
"Decis", "Kinmiks", "Inta-CM" or use bait with glue "Clean House", "In-Vlv", "Alt"
During the growth of ovaries
"Spark", "Tsitkor", "Kinmiks", "Fury"
In the autumn
Mice and rodents
Bait "Clean Home", "Storm"
How to treat a spring pear from pests
Spring processing of pears and apples is carried out several times during the growing season (in each region there will be different times):
- Early in the spring, as soon as the snow melts to destroy overwintering pests.
- Before swelling flower buds to fight the larvae.
- Trees are then treated for ticks and other pests when the buds are opened and when most of the petals have fallen.
- The last processing of pears or apple trees in the spring is planned after the fruit begins to set. This event is necessary to consolidate the results and increase the resistance of fruit trees to pests.
Severe cold in winter leads to the occurrence of cracks and frostbite pear bark. It is in them that pests and pathogens are colonized. It is in the fall that special events need to be held to protect the fruit trees. Most often for the processing of pears in the fall using copper sulphate.
Pear pest protection measures:
- Start processing pears need when fly around most of the foliage. Spraying from harmful insects is carried out twice: the first solution is made, as usual, the second one is much stronger.
- In October, the trunks and skeletal branches of pear are whitened.
- In November, again treated with solutions from pests.
Treating trees in spring or autumn from any pests is carried out only in dry weather without wind. It is desirable that precipitation was not even one day. The first frosts can not cause the postponement of the planned work, because during the day there are still positive temperatures. It is in this weather strong solutions of drugs will not cause burns.
Pear Treatment Products
Since the diversity of insects is large, then the preparations for their destruction in spring, summer or autumn are somewhat different. For processing use:
- folk remedies.
In order to save pears from harmful insects in the spring and autumn they use chemical preparations. You need to work with them in protective clothing, as many of them are unsafe for the human respiratory system.
Diseases or pests
1% solution Bordeaux fluid
Scab, rust, pests that hibernate in tree bark and soil
At 5 liters of water diluted 100 g of substance
During the formation of buds, after flowering. Then 4 more times every 14 days.
3% solution Bordeaux mixture
300 g per 5 liters of water
In the autumn before wintering
50 g per 5 liters of water
During the swelling of the kidneys
50 g per 5 l
Handle a pear in the spring 5 times with a break of 10 days
"Decis", "Topaz", "Aktara"
According to instructions
As the appearance of pests
300 mg of "Nitrafen" is diluted in 10 liters of water
Early in the spring, while the buds only swell and immediately after flowering
Other chemical preparations for saving pears from harmful insects in spring and autumn:
- "Spark double effect";
- Nurell D;
For processing pears in the spring or autumn for the winter, chemical preparations are diluted strictly according to the instructions. Otherwise, the plantings can be harmed.
For the treatment of pear trees from bacterial burn using various antibiotics. According to some gardeners, they are much more effective than many chemicals.
1 ampoule for 5 l of liquid
1-2 tablets dissolved in 5 liters of water
It is possible to use one of the antibiotics for the treatment of garden plants from harmful insects and diseases in the spring and fall of not more than 2 years, since the pathogens produce a strong immunity. For the same reason, experienced gardeners recommend using drugs alternately. When processing pears with antibiotics, the dosage of drugs is taken into account.Attention! Spraying pear trees from harmful insects in the spring or autumn should begin at the initial stage to protect other fruit trees.
If there are not so many insect pests, then you can use various popular recipes to save fruit trees in spring or autumn:
- Fumigation with tobacco. Raw straw is piled up, tobacco dust is added and set on fire. To smoke evenly distributed in the garden, choose dry weather.
- Prepare a solution of 10 liters of water, 40 g of citric acid, 25 g of ferrous sulfate. This mixture is abundantly sprayed with plantings in spring, summer or autumn from various pests.
- Humus (6 kg), iron vitriol (150 g) are dissolved in 10 l of water. With this solution, the soil is shed in the grooves in the peristal circle.
- Dandelions. 500 g of green mass with flowers pour 1 l of water. After one day, the infusion is boiled for a quarter of an hour, then crushed garlic cloves are added (2 large heads), boiled for 5 minutes. The cooled broth is filtered and diluted in 10 liters of water. Rub 30 g of green soap, add to structure. Spray the trees 1 time in 7 days until the pests disappear. Works can be carried out from spring to autumn.
- Marigold. 100 g of flowers pour 1 l of water and boil. After 5 days, filter, dilute in the same amount of water and process the pears.
- Potato tops. For this infusion will require 1 kg of green mass and 10 liters of water warmed to 25 degrees. After 4 hours, strain, add 1 tbsp. any liquid soap. Rescue garden crops can be engaged in spring, summer, autumn, the main thing is that there is no rain and wind.
- Wood ash. Per 10 liters of water requires 200 g of ash and 50 g of soap. It needs to be grated. Soaps need to be well dissolved and processed by planting.
Experienced Gardeners Tips
Beginning gardeners should understand that when saving a garden from harmful insects one should not forget about their own safety:
- Trees need to be in protective clothing. Primarily protect the respiratory system and eyes.
- After completion of the work carefully wash and rinse your mouth.
- The dish in which the solution was diluted is washed.
- The remaining funds are disposed of in places inaccessible to children and animals.
- For work use manual or automatic sprayers.
- During spraying a person should stand at a distance of 75 cm from the pear.
Treating pears in the spring from pests is an important preventive measure. Despite the fact that breeders are trying to create fruit crops that have high immunity to harmful insects, there are also varieties of pears and apple trees that require special treatment. If you do not carry out timely spraying with chemicals or folk remedies, you can lose the crop or the trees themselves.
Overview of chemicals for saving the garden in spring, summer and autumn from harmful insects: