Ways to scare away bees or wasps are sought by many gardeners while working or relaxing on their site. Insects bring a lot of trouble, especially to people with allergic manifestations.
When bees and wasps are activated
Observant gardeners secrete a special period of the year in which insect activity increases. The end of summer is August. This is the time when:
- Insects have collected stocks for the family for the winter and try to protect them from the encroachments of beekeepers. It was at this time that many hive owners disturbed the bees, replacing the honey they collected with sugar syrup.
- Wasps are actively flying. The family that has grown over the summer is becoming quite large, so a lot of feed is required.
- The construction of nests is ending, the multiplication of families begins.
There are other reasons for insect aggressive behavior throughout the year. These are unfavorable climatic factors or natural "malice" inherent in some breeds.
How to scare away bees from your plot: methods
The list of funds is quite large, so choose the right is not difficult. It should be borne in mind that the options for fighting wild or "domestic" insects are slightly different due to the aggression of the latter. You can scare away bees from a plot in one of the following ways:
- The construction of solid fencing. The border between the plots must be equipped with a solid fence with a height of at least 2.5 m. Insects will not rise higher and will cease to fly into the next section.
- Move. This method involves changing the place of the beehive away from the living quarters. It can not be considered very effective, because the radius of the bee flyby is quite extensive.
- Fumigation (smoke). It is best to make a fire from spruce or pine wood. At the time of burning, they emit substances whose odors do not tolerate. The outdated method of fumigating premises is currently not used due to its fire hazard.
- Scaring off smells. Bees or wasps do not tolerate certain odors that serve as protection for humans. It can be plants planted on the site, essential oils, household tools with a pungent smell.
- Ultrasonic special devices-repellers. The sound of an electronic device is heard by wasps or bees, and the person does not react to it. For honey bees, it is better to use a device with an electromagnetic radiator. His action is softer, so this repeller of bees will not bring much harm to insects.
- Chemicals This method is hard and leads to the death of insects.
What smell are bees afraid of
Insects do not like harsh aromas. Among them - the smell of peppermint, lemon balm, wormwood, cloves, vinegar, citrus scent.
The most unpleasant smoke foam, if it is set on fire. Insects are trying to fly away from the smoke of burning foam. This smell is also unpleasant for people, therefore it cannot be permanent protection. It is not recommended to burn pieces of foam at the site for a long time.
Danger to bees are insecticides and toxic substances. In addition to scaring, these substances can destroy beneficial insects. Summer residents use drugs in the fight against wild bees.
Wasp & Bee Sprays
Aerosol packaging is quite convenient. With the help of a spray from bees, you can quickly treat the area, and potent filler neutralizes insects. The most effective are:
Spray Clean House
The action of the drug is based on the content of insecticidal components - zipermerin and tetramerin. They penetrate through the covers of bees and wasps, disrupt the work of the nervous system, cause paralysis. Works more efficiently indoors. Shake the can before use. Start spraying from the far away from the front door, gradually approaching the exit.Important! Door and window openings must be closed at the time of processing. After work, air the room for 30 minutes.
The cost of a bottle of 400 ml from 276 rubles.
Means of Polish manufacturers.
The unique configuration of the nozzle is designed to spray the drug from a distance of 5 m. Highly toxic agent for wasps, but safe for humans. Shake the balloon necessarily. It is recommended to apply when the wasps are inside the nest - after sunset or before its rising. The drug should be sprayed strictly in the direction of the wasp nest, holding in the vertical direction. Repeated spraying is allowed after one week. Volume 250 ml, price 165 rubles.
The drug is manufactured in Germany. As part of repellents and insecticides, ensuring effective and rapid destruction of wasps or wild bees. The protective effect lasts for 5 weeks. After shaking the container, it is necessary to send a stream of substance to the places of wastes accumulation, then leave the territory for 15 minutes. The drug does not stain the tissues and paper. It is important not to spray near open flame or heating devices, to keep in a dark room. Contact with humans and animals is not allowed. Volume 400 ml, cost 250 rubles.
Advantages - a combination of two pesticides bioallertina and cypermethrin. Requires the use of personal protective equipment, especially of the respiratory tract. Spraying to produce from a distance of 6 m. Cost 390 rubles.
Apply dichlorvos from bees and wasps in the form of a spray, after shaking the can. To achieve a quality effect in the open air is difficult. Therefore, it is required to put a plastic bag on the nest, then make a hole in it and spray the substance there. Paralytic action lasts 2 hours. Volume 190 ml, cost 87 rubles.
Some gardeners prefer to use karbofos from bees - a structural analogue of Dichlorvos. But its pungent smell prevents the use of the substance indoors. Price analog no more than 230 rubles. The action is almost instant.
Wasp and bee repellent plants
Eco-friendly and gentle method of struggle. Based on the deterrent effects of grass smells that insects do not like. They have a good sense of smell. Unusual or pungent odor causes insects to avoid such places.
- Mint. Contains a large amount of menthol, the smell of which bees and wasps do not tolerate. Therefore, fly around the area with the mint side.
- Melissa. For insects, the smell of the plant is very sharp. The only condition is that lemon balm does not tolerate shady areas, therefore it will only protect sunny places.
- Lavender. Lavender has a pleasant, but very persistent smell. It is the concentration of essential oil components that causes insects to fly away.
- Sagebrush. It drives away not only wasps and bees, but also many other pests. Resistant odor negatively affects the body of insects.
- Basil. Spices do not like bees for their sharp flavor, causing rejection.
- Geranium. Specific persistent odor scares wasps.
Bees Ultrasonic Repeller
Bees and wasps are very sensitive to the effects of ultrasonic waves. Therefore, gardeners and beekeepers use this category of repellents, especially against wild bees. According to responses of summer residents, an ultrasonic otpugivatel of bees is more effective in rooms. For open space requires fairly powerful devices.
- The portable model, runs on batteries, has a mode switch on the case. Equipped with a metal clip for attaching to the belt and a cord to hold it around the neck. Convenient to use outdoors and indoors. The cost of 960 rubles.
- Weitech WK-0432. It is an imitation of a wasp nest. Insects are afraid to fly up close in order not to fall under the aggression of their own kind. The range of 5 m, non-toxic, the price of 990 rubles.
- OK-4. Made in the form of a keychain. This repeller wasps and bees is convenient for carrying with them outdoors. In addition to bees and wasps, it is avoided by mosquitoes and mosquitoes. The cost of 600 rubles.
- X-BIRD. Powerful stationary repeller. It works not only against insects, but also rodents. Designed for indoor and outdoor. It has from 5 to 7 modes depending on the model. Impressive range - up to 700 square meters. m. The corresponding cost - 6990 rubles.
- Universal action repeller, harmless to humans and electronics. Permitted to use in institutions, apartments up to 200 square meters. m. The cost of 390 rubles.
Folk remedies against wasps and bees
The most common of the methods of dealing with bees or wasps are traps. They are made of plastic bottles or glass containers. Be sure to pour water and add attracting insects component - sugar, meat or fish (for wasps). It is important that trapped individuals could not escape. Then they should be destroyed. This option does not help get rid of insects completely. Therefore, gardeners try to get rid of the nest with water or a plastic bag. At the same time, actions should be carried out when residents of the nest finished flying over the territory.
Another way is to place soap or pods of hot pepper near the nest.Important! In any case, you need to use different methods to increase efficiency.
Bee insecticide traps
Traps can be "stuffed" not only with edible baits, but also with poisonous substances for bees and wasps. Popular boric acid, as a bait. She can not scare wasps and bees due to the lack of smell, and therefore is an effective bait.
Also insecticides can be added to the trap:
- Avant, KS. A remedy that is toxic to the queen bee. She dies when insects bring him on her paws.
- Get. It is used to fight wasps.
- Medilis Zipper. An emulsion that dissolves easily with water. You can pour into the trap or handle insects.
In addition, gardeners use any available insecticides or buy ready-made velcro with glue.
What deters bees from man
There are smells that irritate or attract bees, and some scare. It is noticed that bees do not like the smell of alcohol and tobacco. Therefore, to be near the hive at the time of intoxication or smoking is highly undesirable. Insects also react negatively to the smell of human sweat. After hard work you should take a shower and change clothes.
Essential oils, repellents, creams or ointments with a corresponding odor will help scare away bees from a person, for example, the essential oils of peppermint, cloves, catnies, citronella, lemon eucalyptus.
Gels and ointments:
- "Apistop", in which the essential oils and pheromones of bees.
- "Mellan" containing an analogue of royal jelly.
- Children's spray "Johnson'sBaby".
In the nearest pharmacy, you can purchase a suitable tool, pharmacology constantly offers new developments.
Scare bees can be a variety of ways. But it is better to take measures in order not to attract insects to your site.