In Russia, melon appeared only in the 17th century. Its homeland is India and the countries of Africa. Since ancient times this plant fruit has been used in various fields. One of the most important dishes is melon juice. This is the easiest and most useful product. There are many different variations of this drink, but the classical technology of preparation remains unchanged.
The benefits and harm of melon juice
The benefits and harms of melon juice are determined by the properties of the substances that make up this drink. Product structure is represented by:
- vitamins (A, B, C, E, PP);
- micro- and macroelements (cobalt, manganese, zinc, fluorine, copper, iron, iodine, phosphorus, sulfur, chlorine, potassium, magnesium, sodium, calcium);
- sugars (mono - and disaccharides);
- ash and starch;
- fatty acids;
- dietary fiber.
The complex effect of these compounds has found application not only in medicine, but also in cosmetology.
Melon juice is used in diseases of the excretory system. It helps to remove toxic substances from the body without serious consequences.
The drink is used to cleanse and saturate the blood vessels of the circulatory system. The product is used for the prevention of heart attacks and strokes.
The diuretic effect of this product helps to rid the body of adverse compounds during chemotherapy of oncological diseases.
The presence of a large amount of micro-vitamins, macronutrients has a good effect on human immunity. That is why doctors recommend drinking melon juice in the period of colds and other infectious diseases.
This drink will help older people to normalize the work of the musculoskeletal system. In addition, the product improves the condition of the skin and appearance in general.
Also, melon juice helps to reduce excess weight. It is used as an additive to the main methods of losing weight.
The drink is recommended to use for people suffering from nervous disorders.
Despite its beneficial properties, this unique drink can be toxic.
For example, at the end of the shelf life of the product may lead to poisoning. The same result can be obtained by combining melon juice with dairy products.
With extreme caution you need to use this drink nursing mothers. It is not recommended to drink melon juice for people with peptic ulcer. It is also forbidden to use this drink to people with individual intolerance to the components of the product.Tip! Do not take melon juice on an empty stomach. It is better to drink it in between meals.
Melon juice recipes for winter
Before talking about the technology of cooking melon juice, you should learn how to choose the necessary ingredients and how to subsequently use the resulting product.
Basics of the choice of components and rules for taking a drink
When choosing melons should consider the following nuances:
- Melon need to buy a whole.
- On the skin should not be any spots and cracks. Coloring good fruit - light, with a transparent mesh.
- The melon should be juicy and ripe. The place “at the flower” is soft to the touch, but “at the trunk” - on the contrary. In the market in warm weather, a ripe product can be identified by its aroma - the melon smells of pineapples, pears, vanilla, sweet food, and not grass. If the choice is made in the store, then the ripeness is determined by the sound: deaf when tapped - melon is ripe.
There are also rules for taking melon juice:
- Take melon juice is better without sugar, with the addition of honey.
- The course of treatment for treatment is a month, but for the prevention of various diseases - 3-10 days.
- It is necessary to drink this product between meals, but not on an empty stomach.
- Maximum per day, you can take 2 liters of melon juice.
- Children under 1 year of age require medical advice.
It is important to rinse the mouth after each intake of melon juice, otherwise the enamel will suffer from organic acids.
A simple recipe for melon juice for the winter at home
This is a melon juice recipe for the winter through a juicer.
- melon - 2 kg;
- lemon - 1 piece.
- Prepare the fruit: wash, dry, cut into pieces.
- Skip through the juicer.
- Add lemon juice to the solution. Mix.
- Pour the solution over the cans and cover with lids. Put in a pot of water to boil for 1 hour.
- Roll up the banks.
The shelf life of the product in this case will be 1 year.
Melon juice in a juice cooker for the winter
- melon - 2 kg;
- lemon - 3 pieces;
- sugar - 0.18 kg;
- water - 1.5 l.
- Prepare lemons and melons: rinse, dry, remove seeds, seeds. Cut into pieces. Turn into mashed potatoes.
- Mix water and sugar. Add mashed potatoes. Mix.
- Sterilize jars and lids.
- Spread the mixture in a container.
- Put to boil in a pot of water. After the liquid boils, sterilize the jars for another 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Roll up
First you need to cool the billet, only then remove it in a dark, cool place.
Melon juice for the winter in the crock-pot
- melon - 2 kg;
- water - 1.5 l;
- oranges - 3 pieces;
- sugar - 0.2 kg;
- citric acid - 2 g
- Sterilize jars and lids.
- Prepare oranges and melons as in the previous version.
- Puree strain through cheesecloth or a sieve. Juice pour into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining components.
- Set the "soup" mode. Boil after boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Pour on banks. Roll up
Store the drink should also be in a cool dark place.
Melon juice is a low-calorie product. It has only 40 kcal per 100 g of drink. The main part (about 85%) are carbohydrates.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life will depend on the capacity, which contains melon juice, temperature and humidity.
So, in the freezer (or just in the fridge) in ordinary bottles melon drink retains its useful qualities for 6 months. But canned food in sterilized jars in a dark cool room stored longer - for 1 year.
Melon juice is a useful product for people of any age. However, improper selection of components, failure to comply with all items of the method of preparation, lack of necessary storage conditions can lead to damage to the drink. Also for the proper functioning of the human body is important the correct intake of melon drink: everything is good in moderation.