Dogwood jam is a pleasant delicacy that will delight any sweet tooth in winter. The recipe is simple, the ingredients are also not complex. As a result, on the table will be a unique sweet with an interesting taste.
Benefits and harm of dogwood jam
Cornel jam has beneficial properties, has a cleansing effect on the body, counteracts inflammation, also improves the immune system, tones, clears the bronchi, lowers the temperature and helps fight colds.
Helps with vitamin deficiency, bronchitis, and gout.
But there is a dessert and harmful properties. First of all, it is contraindicated for diabetics, since it increases the level of glucose in the blood. In addition, the sweet delicacy is rather caloric and contributes to weight gain.
How to cook dogwood jam
There is a secret to making jam from cornel with ossicles: it is necessary to select the constituent components in a quality manner. The berries must be ripe, at the same time they must be sifted and separated sick and rotten specimens, as well as fruits with signs of disease and damage.
Then you need to remove the stem. Bones can be left or also removed, it depends on taste and personal preferences. But in most cases, the bones are not removed. It is advisable to choose varieties with fleshy, juicy pulp.
Banks for seaming need to pre-wash and clean soda. Then it is mandatory to sterilize, Thus, they will not get pathogenic microbes that contribute to negative processes in the workpiece.
Classic dogwood jam with bone
Classic delicacy consists of a minimum amount of ingredients. There are no additional components, and the fruit does not need to pull out the bones.
For making jam from the cornel with a stone according to the recipe you will need:
- 1.5 kg of berries;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 300 ml of water.
Fluids may need a little less. In addition, be sure to use enamelware.
The recipe of preparation is not difficult:
- Prepare the syrup.
- Boil the syrup for 7 minutes until it thickens.
- Put the washed berries into the syrup.
- Stir and set for 12 hours.
- Place on the stove and wait until it boils.
- Then turn off the heat and insist for another 12 hours.
- Wait for the boil again and cook for 5 minutes.
- The finished mass is poured into the cans and immediately rolled up.
Banks for slow cooling wrap in something warm and put a day in a warm place. When the workpiece is cooled, it can be lowered into the basement or cellar.
Dogwood jam seedless
Cornel for the winter can be welded and pitted. The ingredients are the same, but in different proportions:
- raw materials - 1.2 kg;
- 1 kg of sugar per liter of already grated fruits;
- some vanilla.
The recipe is step by step:
- Pour the fruit into the pan and pour water over it so that it is higher than the berries.
- Cook for 35 minutes on low heat with the lid closed.
- Strain the broth and let the berries cool.
- Rub the mixture through a sieve and remove all bones.
- Measure the amount of broth and puree and dilute with sand in the amount of 1: 1.
- Put on a small fire and cook while stirring.
- When the volume decreases by 2/3, add vanillin.
- Pour hot jam into jars and roll up.
This dessert also needs to be wrapped up for cooling and left to knock in a warm place. In winter, it is recommended to store in a dark and cool place.
Dogwood jam Five minutes
In such a dogwood recipe for the winter, the products undergo a little heat treatment, and therefore retain the maximum amount of useful substances. This delicacy is useful during colds and to reduce the temperature.
- 1 kg of berries;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 100 ml of water.
The cooking algorithm is as follows:
- Cover the berries with sand and add water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- 5 minutes to cook, stirring and removing the foam.
Then pour the hot drink on the banks and roll up. It will take about 5-10 minutes to cook everything, and the pleasure in winter will be immeasurable.
Cornel with sugar without cooking
Rubbed berries with sugar can be harvested without cooking. This requires such products: sand and fruit.
- Washed berries fray through a sieve to get rid of the bones.
- Add 1 kg of sugar to 1 kg of mass.
- To stir thoroughly.
- Expand on hot banks, can be sterilized.
It is better to keep such a storehouse of vitamins in a cool place.
Simple dogwood jam
Cornel jam with pits has one more recipe. It is necessary to take 1.5 kg of raw materials and the same amount of sugar. All components need water 100 ml. The recipe for cooking simple cornel delicacy is available even for young and inexperienced hostesses:
- Mix all the ingredients and put the enamel on a small fire.
- Boil for 7 minutes, stirring constantly and removing the foam.
- Pour the dessert into glass sterilized jars.
Immediately the billet needs to be rolled up, the cans are turned over and wrapped up with warm blankets. Cooling should occur as slowly as possible so that the heat treatment keeps the dessert for a long time.
Fragrant cornel jam: a recipe for Caucasian cuisine
This is a simple and convenient variant of the Caucasian berry dessert, because besides the taste, the dessert has a unique flavor. From this dessert will not be able to refuse any sweet tooth. Cooking a Caucasian recipe is simple. Ingredients:
- 1 kg of raw materials;
- 1.5 kg of sugar;
- 200 ml of water.
Directly the cooking process:
- Choose quality fruits.
- Prepare the syrup according to the standard scheme - add sugar and water to boil.
- Pour berries with syrup.
- Leave for 6 hours to infuse.
- Put on a slow fire and cook while stirring.
- Boil the berries until they boil down and the jam has a sufficient texture.
- Remove the foam and pour on the sterilized banks.
- Roll up immediately and wrap to cool gradually.
In winter, this blank will be able to decorate the table for home tea, and for a festive treat. The flavor of the dessert will attract the whole family to the table.
Dogwood Jam with Apples
This delicacy with an additional ingredient in the form of sugar is perfect for lovers of sweets and as a means of strengthening the immune system. Ingredients for dessert with apples:
- 1.5 kg of raw materials;
- 0.7 kg of apples;
- 350 ml of water.
- Cut apples, remove bones.
- Dissolve sugar in water.
- 2/3 of the syrup pour into the apples, the rest put on fire with raw materials.
- Boil for 10 minutes and add apples with syrup.
- Boil until necessary consistency.
Pour over the prepared banks and roll up.
How to make dogwood jam with white wine
You can boil your dogwood using white wine.
- 1 kg of sugar and berries;
- 2 glasses of white dry or semi-dry wine.
- Rinse the berries and remove the bones.
- Put raw materials in the pan, add wine and sugar.
- Boil for about 20 minutes after boiling.
- Pour into banks and sterilize.
Cover with a warm blanket and leave to cool for a day.
Dogwood jam and honey recipe
Cornel jam will enhance its beneficial properties, if you make it with honey. The recipe of cooking is no different from previous ones. The most important thing is that sugar is replaced or combined with honey. Ingredients:
- 150 g of honey;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 kg of raw materials;
- 300 ml of water;
- 50 grams of lemon juice.
- Pour boiling water into the pan and make a syrup with sugar.
- Throw the berries and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then pour lemon juice, add honey and cook for 20 minutes.
- Roll up and cover with a blanket.
Delicacy with honey is distinguished by its aroma and beneficial properties for colds and infections.
Delicious dogwood and apricot jam
- 1 kg of raw materials;
- 0.5 kg apricot;
- 1.6 kg of sweet sand;
- 2.5 glasses of water.
- From the apricots pull the bones.
- Dip the dogwood with hot water and set for 15 minutes.
- Drain, put berries and apricots in syrup.
- Bring the product to a boil, turn it off and leave for 7 hours.
- Then put on the fire again and bring to a boil.
The dessert is ready, it is enough to pour on the banks and roll up.
How to Cook Dogwood Jam with Orange
Prepare from dogwood billet and with the addition of orange. It will take 750 grams of fruit 1 orange, and also sugar 600 g.
- Raw materials fall asleep sugar.
- Peel the orange, squeeze the juice and add the juice to the berries.
- Mixture put on fire.
- After boiling boil on a small fire for half an hour.
- Pour on banks.
The taste of the dessert will be unusual, suitable for fans of rare delicacies.
Gentle winter jam made of dogwood and pears
- 1 kg of berries, pears and sugar;
- 5 g vanillin.
- Pour raw materials into a saucepan, add half a glass of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Grind raw materials after cooking.
- Cut the coreless pears into small pieces.
- Mix the raw mashed potatoes, pears and sugar.
- Put on the fire.
- Bring to a boil and add vanillin.
- Boil 25 minutes.
- Pour dessert over clean hot cans.
After that, roll up and turn upside down. After cooling down, identify in a dark place for storage.
Dogwood jam for the winter: a recipe with barberry
For cornel, barberry is also used as a billet for the winter. Ingredients:
- 1 kg of berries;
- 2 kg of granulated sugar;
- glass of water;
- lemon acid.
How to cook:
- Separately sleep with sugar barberry and cornel.
- An hour later, add water to the cornel and put it on fire.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Add barberries with sugar.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Set at 12 o'clock.
- Bring to the boil again and add the lemon and pour into the jars.
Roll up and put to cool.
Dogwood jam without water
No different from the classic recipe. If water is not consumed, then it is necessary to fill the components with sugar for 12 hours so that the dogwood makes juice. This liquid will be enough to weld a thick delicacy.
Cornel jam is another tasty delicacy. Ingredients: dogwood and sugar.
Pour into a container of water and pour the product. Boil the berries for about an hour. After that, cool the dogwood and grind through a sieve. Then put mashed potatoes on the fire and simmer for about 20 minutes. Then roll the jam into jars and put to cool in a warm blanket.
Cornel jam in a slow cooker
To prepare a dessert using a multicooker, you must:
- 2 kg of sugar and berries;
- half a glass of water.
Algorithm of preparation:
- Pour into the bowl in layers of raw materials with sugar.
- Add water to put on mode "Quenching".
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Disable "Quenching" and turn on the "Heat Support" mode for half an hour.
- Then remove the bowl from the multicooker, cover with gauze and put on the night.
- In the morning, boil and boil in the "Steaming" mode for 15 minutes.
- Pour and roll containers.
With the use of a multivark, the hostess will not be mistaken with the temperature
Shelf life of cornel jam with pits
Dessert from raw materials with stones will easily stay in the basement, in a dark and cool place during the year. During the winter, it is recommended to eat this jam.
If you remove all the bones from the dogwood, then the harvesting may last longer, until the next winter and even for two years. But in any case, it all depends on compliance with the rules of storage.
What else can be made from dogwood
These berries are successfully used in a variety of recipes. Not only sweet preparations and compotes are made of it, but also used as the main ingredient to the sauce. Dogwood blanks can also be in a ground form, often dried berries are also used. For those who want to enjoy the natural product in the winter, it is better to use frozen dogwood.
Dogwood jam at home has more than one recipe: depending on the ingredients, you can add an orange, honey, and a simple apple.
Dogwood jam is suitable for family tea drinking and for receiving guests. And also dessert is used for making compotes and adding to pastries. It is important to properly prepare the components and comply with the technology of preparation.