Sea buckthorn jam retains many nutrients, except for those vitamins that are destroyed during heat treatment. If it is not possible to simply freeze the fruit, the welded billet will be a good help for the body in the winter.
Some tips for cooking sea buckthorn jam
This type of jam is loved because of its uniform consistency. Prepared from fruits with a high content of pectins, which give the dish a jelly-like state. To preserve valuable substances after heat treatment, the process must be accelerated. They take some fruits and boil in a wide saucepan, where it is easier to follow, so that the dish does not burn.
For high-quality jam fruits are prepared. According to the recipe for sea buckthorn jam, the berries are sorted, the stalks are removed, washed.
The bones are separated from the pulp, grinding through a sieve whole or after processing with a blender.
Sugar is put into the finished homogeneous mass and over low heat, stirring constantly, it is observed that it dissolves.Tip! Berries are poured several times with water, then it is easier to remove the pop-up small leaves, pieces of twigs.
In home-made preparations of sea buckthorn rich in carotene and serotonin, beneficial healing substances are preserved, especially if the heat treatment was fast and pasteurization was used, rather than sterilization.
Sea buckthorn jam pitted: a classic recipe
We offer you the recipe for sea buckthorn jam with photos.
Ingredients and method of preparation
- 1.5 kg of berries;
- 0.8 kg of granulated sugar.
The recipe for sea buckthorn jam involves rubbing a raw or cooked mass through a sieve to remove bones.
- The washed fruits are ground with a blender or mashed kitchen press. Then rubbed through a sieve, but you can do it after languishing on fire. Slightly boiled mass will give more yield for the workpiece, it is much easier to wipe it.
- Add sugar to crushed berries, bring to a boil, stirring, and simmer for 15-20 minutes over low heat.
- Shift the workpiece in a small colander-mesh and fray, separating the skin and bones.
- Homogeneous liquid puree is boiled for another five minutes and packaged in sterilized containers.
Following the step-by-step recipe for sea buckthorn jam with a photo, they get a healthy treat.
Sea buckthorn jam with apples
According to this recipe, products are amenable to short-term heat treatment, so it is better to store the workpiece in the refrigerator, or half-liter jars will have to be pasteurized for 10 minutes.
Ingredients and method of preparation
- 0.5 kg of sea buckthorn and non-acidic apples;
- 850 g of sugar;
- 100 ml of water.
Harvesting is obtained with a dense consistency, if there is little juice in the apples, and the pulp is mushy.
- For sea buckthorn jam with apples, the berries are first ground in a blender, and the skin and bones are separated with a sieve.
- Apples are peeled, cut into slices, put in a saucepan with water and boiled until softened.
- Fruit mass is passed through a hand press and combined with berry puree.
- Bring to a boil and cook for two or three minutes. Laid out on the steamed banks.
A delicious dish of sea buckthorn jam with apples.
There is another version of sea buckthorn jam and apple juice with pulp, which is taken up to one fifth of the weight of the berries.
- Sea buckthorn puree is combined with sugar to taste and left for several hours. During this time, the mass thickens.
- Apple juice is poured into mashed potatoes and cooked for 15-20 minutes, all the while stirring the semi-finished product with a wooden spoon. Ensure that the mass does not boil.
- Jam packaged in banks, placed in a basin with hot water (up to 80 ° C).
- Pasteurization lasts 15 minutes for half-liter containers.
Terms and conditions of storage of sea buckthorn jam
This jam is suitable for 12-18 months. It must be kept in a dark cool room. Pasteurized jams will last a year and a half.Comment! Blanks that are cooked very quickly and stored in the refrigerator, you need to use within a year.
In winter, fragrant jams are diluted in a cup of tea or prepared fruit juice. To do this, put 2-3 tablespoons of sweet delicacy in a glass of boiled cold water. Sea buckthorn delicacy is delicious and healthy. It is used for sore throat, to strengthen the body after colds. Berries are used for hepatitis, the product improves digestion, reduces cholesterol.
Sea buckthorn jam is cooked easily, and each housewife will gladly store sweetness that is valuable for its winter. A small heat treatment time will save almost a complete set of vitamins. Tasty variety on the table!