For some people, summer is the time for vacations and long-awaited rest, for others - a desperate suffering when the house turns into a mini-plant for processing fruit and berry products. But today the talk will not be about the basins of jam and not about the giant pans with winter salads. Residents of large cities also want to leave a fragrant memory of summer in the form of a jar or other jam. After all, shopping is not at all. And the multicooker will be the assistant in this matter. Strawberry jam in the slow cooker is tasty, fragrant, no worse than the traditional one.
The slow cooker is the dream of every hostess, a real magic pot from the tales of the Grimm brothers. You just need not to speak the magic spell, but put all the ingredients in it, set the program and turn it on.
The process of cooking jams and jams in a slow cooker is almost identical to the traditional technology. You just do not need to observe the process and be in close proximity. The ratio of the mass of fruits and sugar is classic (a kilo of sugar per kilogram of berries). You can take a little less sugar. However, you need to store such a product in the refrigerator under a tight lid. Otherwise it may turn sour.
Strawberry jam in a slow cooker under a closed lid, comes out slightly thin, but the berries remain completely intact. This situation is easy to correct if at the end of cooking add a special composition containing gelatin. The product will find the desired thickness. A variety of gelling compositions are available for sale: from almost exotic agar-agar to pectin and gelatin.Important! Gelling composition is added at the end of cooking. Boil the mixture can not, because it loses its properties.
Jams and jam in a slow cooker, most often, are prepared using modes.
You can find recipes using the "Frying" mode and continuous stirring. But with the same success you can make blanks in the grandmother's copper basin on the antediluvian gas stove. In addition, by stirring, you can damage the coating of the multicooker bowl.
In fact, there are many recipes for multicookers. If, for example, you do not really care about the berries to remain whole, you will get a wonderful jam. At the same time preparation of berries and syrup is almost the same.
- Rinse the berries with running water, dry on a paper towel. The drier they are, the more concentrated the final product will be.
- Sprinkle the berries with vodka. The concentration of alcohol is negligible, so there is no need to talk about the harm to health. But the taste of jam will be savory.
- For an unusual flavor, you can add lemon zest, walnut kernels or almond kernels to jam.
- Flavoring additives (cinnamon, vanilla) also have the right to life. But it is important not to overdo it with these spices, so as not to spoil the product. The natural strawberry flavor is so beautiful.
- Putting the ingredients in the multicooker bowl, make sure that the bowl is about a quarter full. Otherwise, the jam "run away" from the saucepan on the table.
- 1 kg of sugar and berries.
- 1 bag of gelling mixture.
Remove the sepals from the berries. Wash and dry. Pour strawberries into the multicooker bowl, add sugar. Set the extinguishing mode (60 min.). Boil the jam with the lid closed and valve removed. Pour the gelling mixture a couple of minutes before the program is completed. Stir gently. Jam turns thick, beautiful bright color, with whole berries.
- Strawberries - 1.5 kg.
- Sugar - 3 cups.
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons.
- Fruit pectin - 50 g.
The jam preparation algorithm is as follows. Crush prepared strawberries with a wooden pusher, mix with sugar and lemon juice. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker and turn the Quenching method for 3 hours on. Boil the jam with the lid open. Add pectin after 30 minutes from the start of cooking. Mix the jam for the whole time 2 times, using a spoon of silicone or plastic.
- Strawberries and sugar - 1 kg each.
- Water - 2 multi-glasses.
- Walnut kernels - 200 g.
Pour the prepared berries into the sugars and leave for half an hour. Add nut kernels. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker, add water and mix. Set the extinguishing mode to 1 hour.
Jam gets excellent taste, and the smells that fill the kitchen, just magic!
- Strawberry berries without sepals - 0.5 kg.
- Cone without stones - 0.5 kg.
- Sugar - 1 kg.
Wash berries separately, fold them into enameled dishes, cover them with sugar. Soak for about an hour until the berries empty. If desired, you can add walnut kernels (300 g). Transfer the mixture to the multicooker. You need to boil for 60 minutes using the "Quenching" mode.
Put the prepared jam in sterilized dry jars, roll up and wrap. Keep the product wrapped until it has cooled completely.