Cherry wine is popular. Various drinks are made from it - dessert and table, liqueur and vermouth. The original taste is obtained when blended with other fruits.
Properties and composition of sweet cherry
At home, they use yellow, red, and dark cherry fruits for their own sweet cherry wine. They have a high sugar content - above 10%, which is important for fermentation. Berries differ amazingly delicate aroma that remains in the drinks. Cherry fruits are not acidic for the fermentation process, only 0.35%, therefore, food acids are added to the wort or mixed with other fruits. Valuable raw materials are wild wild berries, because they contain tannic acid. Bitter taste after 8-9 months turns into a piquant note, a real highlight. After 2 years, there is a special bouquet.Important! Delicious dessert and liqueur drinks, strong and table, are obtained from the cherry berries, although the latter are not always successful.
Homemade Wine Basics
Fans adhere to the rules while preparing cherry wine:
- take ripe fruit;
- berries do not wash, they have strains of wild yeast, dirty wipe with a napkin;
- the dishes in which the wine is made from cherries with their own hands, are scalded with boiling water and dried;
- suitable wooden containers, enameled, glass, stainless steel.
The procedure is best done over a bowl to save the juice.
Preparation of wine from sweet cherry passes in several stages:
- Sourdough made from crushed fruit, sugar and water, wine yeast, put in a dark place for 2-3 days for rapid fermentation. More often take at once all volume of fruit.
- Sourdough filter and leave for quiet fermentation for 25-60 days.
- A water seal or rubber glove with a hole made by a needle is installed on the bottle.
- Fluid lightening is a signal of the end of the process.
- After the time specified in the recipe, add sugar or syrup.
- According to a simple recipe for cherry wine at home, the drink is poured from one container to another 4-6 times, freeing from sediment.
- Then bottled.
A simple recipe for wine from sweet cherry
For this option you can use 1 g of tannin per 1 l of wort.
- 3.5 kg of berries;
- 0.7 liters of water;
- 0.4 kg of sugar;
- 1 lemon
For every kilogram of crushed fruit add 0.25 liters of water and lemon juice. During fermentation, the foam is removed with a wooden spoon. Then filter the wort, add 0.1 kg of sugar to 1 liter of liquid. Capacity hold at 22-24about C. After fermentation, the liquid brightens. Regularly simple wine from cherry is filtered to remove sediment for 50-60 days. Then add sugar or alcohol to taste. Bottled and stored for 10-15 months.
Sweet Cherry Wine with Bone
For a capacity of 10 liters take 6 kg of fruit or a little more. They are laid in layers to the top, alternating with sugar to taste. Tie gauze or use a cover with holes. The bottle is placed in a bowl where the juice is spilled. After 3 days, pulp is collected at the top, below - sediment, in the middle - young cherry wine with stones, obtained at home. Through the tube it is poured, stand, systematically getting rid of the sediment.
Pitted Cherry Wine
Performing this recipe of cherry wine, granulated sugar is divided into 3 parts and added gradually.
- 10 kg of berries;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 500 ml of water;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of citric acid.
- Spread the raw material into the bottle, pour out the water, cover with gauze. Foam collected.
- Strain the wort, mix with half the sugar and acid.
- Twice in three days, 200 ml of seedless sweet cherry wine are poured, dissolving the remaining sugar, and the compounds are again combined.
- At 50-60 day drink try for sweetness.
Cherry juice wine at home
For 5 liters of juice you need 7 kg of raw materials.
- 2.1 kg of sugar;
- 30 g of tartaric acid;
- 15 g of tannic acid;
- wine yeast packaging.
It is better to make this sweet cherry wine, leaving a handful of seeds for the smell. The seedless berries are left to ferment in a bowl for 24-36 hours.
Pass the berry mass through the juicer, add to the juice two-thirds of sugar, stones, acid and the amount of wine yeast on the recommendation on the package, set to ferment.
Dessert Homemade Yellow Cherry Wine
Sugariness and delicate aroma of raw materials will give the drink a fragrant bouquet:
- 5 kg of fruits;
- 3 kg of sugar;
- 1.9 liters of water;
- wine yeast packaging.
A light alcoholic drink is made from these ingredients.
- For this recipe for homemade wine from the cherries remove bones.
- Berries are passed through a meat grinder.
- Cook the syrup and combine with the chopped fruits.
- Add wine yeast, poured into a large bottle to wander.
Cherry Compote Wine
The drink is made from fresh, fermented and slightly spoiled sweet compote. Do not use a vinegar-scented billet.
- 3 liters of compote;
- 400 g of sugar.
The contents of the cans with compote filter, fruit squeeze.
- The liquid is heated so that sugar is easily dissolved.
- They are poured into the bottle, adding a handful of unwashed light-colored raisins or rice (they have wild yeast).
- Leave to wander.
Sweet cherry in combination with other berries
Acidic fruit will enhance the fermentation process, and therefore they are readily added.
Cherry and Cherry Wine
It is easy to make wine from cherries and cherries, since both berries complement each other with acid and sugar content.
- 5 kg of fruit;
- 2 kg of sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
- packaging of citric acid.
The berries are pitted and poured with water for 24 hours in order to squeeze the juice easier. Add sugar, acid and leave to ferment. Then filtered and put on a quiet fermentation.
Cherry and white currant wine
Currants will give the drink a weak touch of acid.
- 5 kg of light cherry fruits;
- 1.5 kg of white currant;
- 3 kg of granulated sugar;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 2 g of wine yeast.
Bones are removed, the fruit is passed through a blender. Sugar is diluted in warm water, put the yeast. The syrup is combined with the berry mass and left to ferment.Tip! When preparing the wort, make sure that the air temperature is 22-24 ° C.
The recipe for wine made from cherries and black currants
Adding currant will make it possible not to use citric acid.
- 1 kg of sweet cherry fruit;
- 2 kg of black currant;
- 0.5 kg of granulated sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
- 10 g alcohol yeast.
Bones from the berries for this cherry wine at home are extracted, the fruits are ground in a blender.
- Syrup is made from water and sugar.
- The mass is mixed with syrup, yeast and then prepare the drink according to the generally accepted algorithm.
- Silent fermentation with periodic removal of sediment lasts 80-90 days.
- Then you need to put the wine from cherries and currants to ripen another 50-60 days.
Strawberry plus sweet cherry
For dessert delicacy take:
- 2 kg of berries and granulated sugar;
- 4 g of vanilla;
- 3 tablespoons of lemon zest.
The bones are removed, the fruits are crushed. Berry mass is mixed with all the ingredients for fermentation.
Homemade Cherry and Raspberry Wine
Drink get fragrant.
- 1.5 kg of raspberry;
- 1 kg of cherries and sugar;
- 2 liters of water.
The berries are crushed, freed from the seed, mixed with a portion of the sugar and put in the bottle. Cook the syrup and cool. Cold pour berry mass.
How to make wine from cherry and mountain ash
To the cherry fruits add mountain ash red or black fruit. Ordinary rowan will give the wine a pleasant tartness.
It will take:
- 1 kg of berries and sugar;
- 2 liters of water;
- 100 g dark raisins. Attention! Vodka or alcohol is sometimes added to the blend after fermentation, up to 50 ml per liter.
- Rowan scalded with boiling water and leave for half an hour.
- From the cherry fruits are extracted bones.
- The berries are crushed, add raisins.
- Chilled syrup is poured over the mixture.
Other cherries drinks
The intoxicating delicacy is diversified with spices.
Homemade Cherry Liquor
Take the bright fruit.
- 2.5 kg of berries;
- 1 kg of granulated sugar;
- 1 liter of vodka;
- half crushed nutmeg;
- 1 vanilla pod;
- 6-7 leaves of cherry tree
- Seed berries without hand chop and set aside for 40-50 hours.
- Sieve juice through a sieve and mix all ingredients except vodka.
- After 7-10 days, strain and add vodka.
- Liquor is ready in a month, stored up to 2 years.
Cherry vermouth with honey and herbs
The drink is prepared on the basis of wine from cherry juice, or made by another recipe, and herbs to taste:
- 5 liters of sweet cherry drink with a strength up to 16 degrees;
- 1.5 kg of honey;
- a bouquet of herbs, 3-5 g each: wormwood, mint, thyme, yarrow, lemon balm, chamomile and a mixture of cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg;
- 0.5 liters of vodka.
- Herbs are dried and insist on vodka for up to 20 days.
- Separated liquid is mixed with honey and wine.
- Insist up to 2 months.
Homemade champagne made from cherries and gooseberries
The recipe for a wonderful sparkling drink:
- 1 kg gooseberry;
- 3 kg of sweet cherry fruit;
- 500 g raisins;
- 5 kg of granulated sugar.
- The berries are ground for fermentation.
- The brightened liquid is poured into bottles for sparkling, where 20 g of granulated sugar are placed.
- Bottles are sealed, corks are fixed with wire, put horizontally in the basement for a year.
A few tips for novice winemakers
Make a cherry wine under the force of each, if you follow the recommendations:
- berries are selected without any signs of spoilage;
- to prepare a good wine from cherry, add tannic acid and tartaric acid;
- if the fruits are crushed, it is better to extract the bones, otherwise they will give a bright almond bitterness;
- citric acid prolongs the shelf life of the drink;
- excess acid neutralizes sugar;
- vanilla, nutmeg, cloves and other favorite spices are put into the delicacy to enrich its bouquet;
- sweet cherry wine recipes for the winter include blends with different fruits that refine its taste.
Terms and conditions of storage of homemade cherry wine
Drinks with a strength of 10-16% are stored for up to 2-3 years. They are placed in the basement horizontally. Those that are made according to the recipe of cherries with pitted wines should be drunk in 12-13 months. Otherwise, poisoning with hydrocyanic acid from the berry kernels is possible.
Cherry wine is prepared by adhering to the algorithm, but changing the composition to taste. Wine making is a creative process. Patience and successful blends!