Cranberry liqueur is popular for several reasons. First is the taste. Homemade homemade drink strongly resembles the popular Finnish liqueur "Lapponia". Secondly, it is quite simple to cook cranberry liqueur at home, the process does not require special equipment and narrowly focused knowledge, simple things and ingredients are enough for it. Thirdly, cranberries contain many valuable micro and macro elements, such as calcium, iodine, magnesium, iron, as well as a variety of antioxidants and vitamins. Since a small part of the beneficial properties of the berries is preserved after the preparation of homemade liquor, it can be used in small portions for the prevention of diseases. And, finally, the preparation of such a drink can be called a variation of preparations for the winter, focused exclusively on adults.
Cranberry Sweet Liqueur
Some varieties of cranberry liqueur are adapted recipes for popular liquor. Not least, their taste depends on the alcohol used: any strong alcohol is suitable for making liqueur, preferably if it does not have a pronounced taste, but this is not always possible. As a rule, they use vodka, but you can take moonshine, and even medical alcohol. In some cases, instead of vodka using brandy.
If the degree of the selected alcohol is too high, you can dilute it with a small amount of water to the desired strength. In general, the basic set of ingredients will be repeated from recipe to recipe - for the preparation of sweet cranberry tincture, as a rule, you need cranberries, an alcoholic drink of choice and granulated sugar. Sometimes water is added to the list to make a syrup.
Before cooking, the berries are sorted, removing rotten and spoiled. At the same time, initially slightly wrinkled fruits are not non-standard, and they can be safely used. Both fresh and frozen cranberries are suitable for cooking. Since frozen gives more juice, it is sometimes recommended to pre-freeze fresh berries.
So, to make a sweet liqueur at home, you need the following:
- 500 g cranberries;
- 500 grams of sugar;
- 200 ml of water;
- 500 ml of vodka.
Prepare this way:
- The berries are washed and allowed to stand for a while.
- In a saucepan combine water and sugar, make sugar syrup. After the syrup has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Knead berries tolkushkoy. Attention! Do not turn the berries and juice into a smooth mash - then it will be very difficult to remove the pulp.
- To the crushed berries, syrup is added first and then vodka. Stir.
- Capacity with the liqueur billet cover with a lid and rearranged in a cool dark place, where they leave for 25-30 days. Every day, the liquor is shaken, so it is better to choose a tightly closed container for storage.
- After the drink is infused, it is filtered to remove the pulp and bottled.
Cranberry Liqueur Recipe
For the preparation of cranberry liqueur at home from moonshine use only moonshine double distillation.
In principle, you can make liqueur from moonshine, based on the previous recipe, but there are other ways.
So, the following ingredients are required:
- 300 g or two glasses of cranberries;
- 1 l of moonshine;
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- 500 ml of water.
The amount of water and sugar is regulated depending on the desired strength of the alcoholic beverage. If you need to reduce the fortress to 30 degrees, the amount of water for the syrup is increased to 700 ml.
- Cranberries are washed and kneaded tolkushkoy.
- Pour the berries with moonshine, cover the container with a tight-fitting lid and place for three weeks in a cool dark place.
- During this time, the container is shaken daily.
- Present drink filter, removing the flesh and muddy sediment.
- Cook the sugar syrup and let it cool.
- The syrup is poured tincture, gently stirred and poured into bottles.
Cranberry liqueur with cloves and cardamom
Technically, instead of cloves or cardamom, you can use any spices to taste. However, it is important not to overdo it with their quantity, so as not to kill the cranberry flavor.
To make liqueur for this recipe, you will need:
- 500 g cranberries;
- 1 liter of vodka or moonshine;
- 500 g of sugar;
- whole carnation;
- cinnamon sticks to taste.
Cranberry liqueur is prepared as follows:
- Pre-pick and wash the berries, shake off the water with them, and then knead.
- Poured crushed cranberries with vodka, covered with a lid and cleaned in a dark place.
- Stand for a week, daily shaking capacity.
- After the expiration of the drink is filtered (it is better to repeat the procedure twice).
- A pot of liquor put on the fire, add sugar.
- Heat on low heat, while constantly stirring and not letting the liquid boil. When the sugar is completely dissolved, the pan is removed from the heat.
- Spices are wrapped in a gauze or cloth bag and dipped in warm liquor for 10 minutes.
- Take out the spices, if necessary, again filter the drink, removing the remaining pulp.
Homemade Cranberry Liquor
- cranberries - 500 g;
- strong alcohol - 1 l;
- sugar - 500 g;
- spices - cardamom, cinnamon, cloves - to taste.
Prepare for this recipe as follows.
- Cranberries are sorted and washed thoroughly, then they shake off excess liquid and allow the berries to stand for a while.
- Then the berries turn into a homogeneous mixture. To do this, you can use mechanical hand tools like tolkushki, and a blender or meat grinder.
- Pour crushed cranberries with alcohol, close the container with a lid, and then remove them in a dark place for 4-5 days.
- Liquor shaken daily.
- Filter the drink and squeeze the juice from the berry mixture.
- Add sugar and boil, without boiling, until it is completely dissolved.
- The liquor is removed from the heat and the spices are dipped into it for 5-10 minutes in a cloth bag.
- Then the drink is allowed to cool, filtered again and poured into prepared bottles.
The usual shelf life of cranberry liqueur is three years. As with the infusion of a drink, dark and cool places are best for long-term storage. At the same time, it is not necessary to keep the drink in the refrigerator, usually there is enough space, isolated from direct sunlight and remote from the heaters.
The benefits and harms of cranberry liqueur
Despite the great popularity of this drink, it is impossible to speak about its unequivocal benefit. So, it is impossible to obtain elements that are important for the body in large quantities when using liquor, since their content in the finished product is not so high. However, cranberry tincture can be used as an additional source of micro and macro elements.Attention! It is not rational to use tincture as the main source of vitamins, since harm from alcohol will be much more beneficial.
For the body cranberry is useful because:
- Vitamin C contained in it has a positive effect on the condition of the skin, hair, bones, brain, etc .;
- Vitamin B helps strengthen the nervous system and improve vision;
- has anti-inflammatory effects, and therefore, can be used as a cure for colds;
- it contains iron, so eating cranberries is good for anemia;
- normalizes acid-base balance.
Despite the fact that the list of useful properties of cranberries is not limited to the above, it is not worth using liquor as a medicine for two reasons. First, the beneficial properties of the berries are not completely transferred to the drink. Secondly, if you overdo it with the amount of drink, all possible benefits for the body will be leveled by the harm that alcohol brings - that is, destruction of brain cells, possible poisoning of the body, etc.
Cranberry liqueur at home is popular due to the excellent taste and ease of preparation, and the technology of creation and the recipe of the drink may vary significantly. From the selected recipe, as well as used or unused spices depend on the flavors of the finished drink.