Chokeberry sauce is a great addition to pork, beef, poultry and fish. The terpkovy, specific taste of chokeberry, which they are trying to get rid of in desserts, is fully appropriate in combination with meat dishes. The unique composition of the berry improves digestion and helps the body cope with the most difficult food. Black rowan sauces are easy to prepare and perfectly stored.
Rules of cooking blackberry sauce
Cooking blackfruit sauce for the winter does not require special culinary skills. Despite the simplicity, there are several subtleties in the preparation and selection of raw materials to which attention should be paid.
Recommendations from experienced chefs:
- The later the black chokeberry is harvested from the bush, the more it manages to accumulate sugars. The berries touched by the first frost are almost devoid of astringency. Such raw materials will suit lovers of sweetish seasonings for meat.
- For any recipe for chokeberry sauce, only ripened berries are selected for the winter. Greenish specimens will be bitter in ready meals.
- Any acids added to the recipe (citrus, vinegar, citric acid) not only enrich the taste, but also reduce the astringent effect of the black worm.
- The berries contain few fermentation substances, so the preserves are well stored. But there is still a small amount of yeast on the peel of the fruit, so it is advisable to pour the raw material with boiling water or to blanch.
The selection of spices and spices for black meat sauce is very wide. According to personal preferences, all kinds of pepper, spicy herbs (basil, cilantro, sage), spices (nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, cloves) are added to the composition.Tip! Maroon-ink juice of Aronia berries stains any surface.
It should be remembered that the traces of the wolfberry are poorly derived from enameled surfaces, fabrics, plastics. To work with berries worth gloves.
Classic black chokeberry sauce for the winter
A popular recipe for black chokeberry sauce for the winter involves heat treatment. So increases the shelf life of the workpiece and achieved a better mix of flavors.
The composition of the classic meat sauce:
- black chokeberry berries - 1 kg;
- garlic - 2 small heads;
- basil - 1 medium bunch;
- apple vinegar (6%) - 4 tbsp. l .;
- salt, sugar, pepper - individually.
Dwarf has a neutral flavor that needs to be enhanced. Salt in the recipe added arbitrarily, but not less than 2 tbsp. l The total amount of pepper in the composition - not less than 1/2 tsp. Otherwise, the taste will be bland.
Berries are prepared as standard: removed from the stalk, sorted, washed. The recipe involves cooking, so it is not necessary to dry the black wolf.
- Prepared fruit is boiled until soft, adding half a glass of water.
- Water is drained, cooled berries are placed in the bowl of a blender.
- Garlic cloves are peeled, leaves are removed from the basil.
- Add all ingredients except vinegar, punch the mixture until smooth.
- The mass is returned to the pan and quickly brought to a boil.
- At the end pour in the vinegar, mix. Packed up a lot of hot.
The presence of garlic does not allow prolonged heating of the billet. Therefore, jars, lids, everything necessary for preservation is sterilized in advance. Prolonged heating spoils the taste of the product.
Chokeberry Garlic Sauce
The easiest black ash sauce is a recipe with garlic. This mixture is ideal for marinating all sorts of meat, poultry, game. Preparation can be served to the table as an independent sauce, but most often it is soaked in meat before baking, roasting, for cooking kebabs.
- chernoplodka - 0.5 kg;
- garlic - 1 head;
- salt - 2 full Art. l
The cooking process involves grinding and mixing all the ingredients. This can be done using a blender or skip the berries with garlic through a meat grinder. At the end pour in the salt and mix the finished sauce thoroughly.
Blackberry garlic sauce does not require heat treatment. All ingredients have a preservative effect. The mixture is enough to expand on sterile jars, tightly close the lids and you can store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to six months.
Chokeberry Sauce: Recipe with Cinnamon and Hot Pepper
Unusual sounding combined with the sharpness of the black wolf adds cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Of these products in the recipe will make about 1.2 kg of the original sauce. Respectively prepare several glass containers. The best option - banks with a capacity of not more than 300 ml.
Ingredients for hot sauce:
- fruits of black rowan - 1 kg;
- hot pepper -2 medium pod;
- sugar - 250 mg;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- vinegar (9%) - 3 tbsp. l .;
- Pepper (red, white, black), ground - to taste.
Garlic can be added to the composition, but experienced housewives are advised to evaluate the sauce without additives that can kill the taste of cinnamon.
- Washed blackberry berries dried, crushed.
- Pepper pods can be used with seeds - the taste will be sharper. The washed raw materials are scrolled in a meat grinder.
- Combine the crushed products in the same bowl.
- Add all bulk components (sugar, salt, spices, cinnamon), mix, leave to completely dissolve the grains.
- Pour in vinegar. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
The sauce is ready to eat in a few hours, when the pepper gives up its sharpness. Thanks to the disinfecting, preserving properties of the ingredients, the composition can be stored in the refrigerator all winter. To do this, it is laid out in sterile containers and tightly sealed immediately after preparation.
In the recipes for black winter sauces, spices are able to add completely different flavors. So in the variant with hot peppers, cinnamon can be replaced with a ready-made mixture of spices "hop-suneli". Adding two spices may be redundant.
Delicious sauce of black ash for the winter with lemon and basil
Gentle, savory taste is obtained when included in the recipe of lemon and basil. This original supplement is suitable not only for meat and poultry, but also for fish dishes. Acid softens the natural astringeness of chokeberry, and different varieties of basil can give the sauce extra light shades.
- black fruit berries - 0.5 kg;
- Basil - from 100 to 250 g;
- medium lemon - 1 pc .;
- sugar - 100 g;
- salt - ½ tsp.
In Mediterranean cuisine, garlic is introduced into this sauce, but no more than 5 cloves per specified amount of food. Lemon should be pre-scalded with boiling water, cut, remove all seeds. Peel from citrus is not removed.
- Chokeberry minced with lemon in any way possible. If garlic is used, add it at this time.
- Basil greens are finely chopped, together with salt and sugar mixed into the berry-citrus mass.
- The mixture should stand until the crystals dissolve for at least 60 minutes.
- The mass is again mixed and laid out in sterile cans for storage.
The recipe is especially popular in Portugal and Spain, where it often accompanies the supply of roasted meat. Without the addition of garlic, the sauce is less bright, but is valued for its delicate taste with sourness and is well suited to fish.
Recipe for winter chokeberry sauce with cloves and ginger
Black garlic sauces can give a tangy flavor to garlic. Sometimes its taste and aroma may be out of place. The original sharpness of chokeberry gives ginger.
The composition of the sauce:
- Black Carp - 700 g;
- apples without peel and pith - 4 pcs .;
- finely grated ginger root - 3 tsp;
- bow - 1 head;
- vinegar (wine) - 3 tbsp. l .;
- ground clove - 0.5 tsp;
- any vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- herbs and salt are added as desired.
Black rowan pre-blanched a few minutes and crushed to a state of mashed potatoes. Water from the fleece is not poured, it can be used in the recipe. Onions and apples finely chopped.
Next, prepare as follows:
- Paste onions in vegetable oil in thick-walled dishes until caramelized.
- Pour the crushed apples, pour in water (100 ml), continue heating over low heat.
- Pour salt, sugar, cloves, ginger chips. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add mashed blackberries, vinegar and heated with constant stirring for about 20 minutes.
Hot sauce is immediately packaged and covered with tight lids. Mass strongly thickens during cooking and during storage. After opening the jar, it may be necessary to dilute the mixture with water to the desired consistency.
Rules for the storage of chokeberry sauce
Many recipes for the preparation of black chokeberry sauces for the winter do not include heating or sterilization. The safety of such a product is ensured by the chemical composition of the black berry, which is capable of not spoiling for a long time and storing other products in the recipe.
If sterility is observed in the process of preparation and packaging, the shelf life of raw sauces is 6 months, provided they are placed in a refrigerator.
Boiled preparations are stored longer. In a cool pantry or basement, you can keep such sauces until the next harvest.
A chokeberry sauce is a tasty and healthy billet for the winter. Berry facilitates the digestion of meat food, reduces the heaviness in the stomach after ingestion of fatty foods. The specific taste of blackberries is an example of an ideal base for sauces and is appreciated in the cuisines of all countries where this wonderful rowan grows.