It is possible to freeze milk mushrooms in the freezer for the winter in different ways, depending on further methods of consumption. However, since these mushrooms differ in a certain bitterness, their freezing becomes not the easiest thing. But still there are enough available methods.
How to freeze milk mushrooms
For a successful freezing of wetlands for the winter at home, you need to consider three things:
- original bitter taste;
- texture of mushrooms, their humidity;
- the size of the mushroom.
Since, due to bitterness, this species is referred to as conditionally inedible mushrooms, it is necessary to take this into account when freezing. So, the bitterness is removed by preliminary heat treatment and soaking, however, if you do not drain the excess liquid, then after thawing, the mushrooms will acquire the consistency of boiled porridge.
Soak them and in order to clean the adhering dirt.
In addition, mushrooms freeze sorted by size. Small ones are harvested whole, larger ones are cut into pieces. Each batch should have pieces that are similar in size.
How to freeze white milk mushrooms
Since repeated freezing is unacceptable, white milk mushrooms are frozen only in portions. Before freezing, they are soaked in cold water, eliminating litter and dirt, and then, as a rule, boiled or fried in a small amount of vegetable oil. In this case, before frying, washed mushrooms are allowed to dry.
The liquid formed during cooking is drained.
Secrets of freezing black salmon
Although black milk mushrooms are usually salted, their freezing is quite feasible. At the same time, technologically, it is almost the same as freezing whites. However, there are some nuances that are best known for harvesting mushrooms for the winter:
- It is only necessary to remove already prepared specimens in the freezer after cooling.
- Since they are reduced in the process of cooking, before freezing the cooking or roasting time should be reduced to a minimum.
- Liquid before freezing is drained, and the mushrooms themselves squeeze a little.
- It is necessary to minimize the amount of vegetable oil during frying.
- When filling leave free space for mushroom juice.
How to freeze raw milk mushrooms
Theoretically, fresh milk mushrooms can be frozen without prior heat treatment, but it must be borne in mind that the taste will deteriorate significantly. In addition, the structure of the fungus varies greatly for the worse. For freezing raw, you need a refrigerator with fast freezing mode or a powerful freezer.
To minimize damage, raw mushrooms freeze like this:
- Clean the mushrooms from debris and dirt.
- They are soaked in cold water for several hours. Attention! Milk mushrooms should be as fresh as possible. It is best to perform the procedure on the same day when they were collected.
- Large specimens cut in small pieces.
- Drain the formed liquid.
- Lay out on containers or packages, leaving a little space for juice, hermetically sealed.
After thawing, these mushrooms are used for frying or as an ingredient for stews.
How to freeze dry milk mushrooms for the winter
Many fans of mushrooms are concerned about the question of whether it is possible to freeze dry milk mushrooms for the winter. If the harvesting of "dry" mushrooms means the absence of any processing, the answer is very simple - for freeze this freezing is impossible, because after thawing the bitter taste will remain.
To remove bitterness, dry milk mushrooms are usually extinguished in oil. So, for 1 kg of muzzle you will need 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil, a quarter of a teaspoon of salt, a bunch of greens and spices if desired, and also 1 spoon of white wine - to taste.
The freezing process:
- First, the mushrooms are cleaned in a dry way from small litter and dirt.
- Then cut into equal pieces.
- Oil is poured into a deep dish, mushrooms are poured out, put on the fire.
- Stew until soft.
- Add white wine, salt, spices, herbs, keep on low heat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cool, drain juice and freeze.
Mushrooms prepared in this way can be used as a separate dish. Before serving, they are sprinkled with lemon juice.
Is it possible to freeze boiled milk mushrooms
If you pre-boil and freeze the mushrooms, their texture will remain, and the bitterness will disappear from the taste. This is the main reason why pre-boiled mushrooms are best suited for freezing for the winter. In winter they are added to salads, soup, stews.
To cook this dish, you need salt, citric acid and patience. Do it like this:
- At first, the mushrooms are soaked, eliminating dust and litter.
- Then the water is brought to a boil, salt and citric acid are added, then the mushrooms are poured.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool, portion-wise laid out and freeze.
Thawed by immersion in boiling water.Attention! Mushroom juice is drained before freezing.
How to cook milk mushrooms before freezing
Depending on the volume and size of individual copies, the cooking time can be both reduced and extended. Milk mushrooms are cooked for freezing from 5 minutes after boiling to 10 minutes after.
Freeze gruzday after short-term scalding
This method is popular for simplicity and efficiency:
- At first, the miltsies are soaked in cold water for several hours to remove adhering dirt and get rid of bitterness.
- After that they are thoroughly cleaned.
- Large specimens are cut into pieces, small ones are left as is. Shift in a container with high sides, pour boiling water.
- Leave in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain liquid, spread mushrooms in one layer, get wet with a towel.
- Lay out on containers or packages, hermetically sealed and cleaned in the freezer.
Mushrooms frozen in this way are suitable for frying or a variety of soups.
Is it possible to freeze fried milk mushrooms for the winter
Fried milk mushrooms for the winter can be cooked in a pan or in the oven. The main difference is that an oven-baked dish does not contain excess fat.
The freezing process:
- First, the mushrooms are cleaned and soaked, and also immediately divided into pieces of approximately equal size.
- Then they are sent to boiling water, pre-salted, and cooked 15 minutes after boiling again.
- After cooking, recline in a colander, letting the liquid flow.
- Vegetable oil is poured into the frying pan, mushrooms are poured out and stir-fry for half an hour.
- When cooking in an oven recommended temperature of 180 degrees. Milk poured out on a baking sheet and, while stirring regularly, bake until the juice has practically evaporated.
- Cooled mushrooms laid out in portion containers and sent to the freezer.
Frozen stewed mushrooms for the winter
The peculiarity of the seeds harvested in this way is that they are frozen together with the broth. The shelf life is reduced to 3 months instead of six months. In addition, after freezing in a stew form because of the consistency, they are best suited for cooking soups, mashed soups or julienne.
To properly freeze steamed milk mushrooms for the winter, you must:
- 1 kg of washed, peeled and chopped mushrooms;
- 1 cup of water - twice;
- 2 teaspoons of salt;
- spices to taste.
- Pre-prepared mushrooms are placed in a saucepan, filled with water, salt.
- Cook a quarter of an hour, not forgetting to interfere.
- Drain the liquid, pour fresh water.
- Add spices and herbs.
- Stew about 10 minutes.
- Allow the dish to cool, then lay it out in containers and freeze.
Recipe for freezing salty mushrooms for the winter
The process of freezing salted mushrooms is very simple:
- The brine is drained.
- Optional item - mushrooms are washed with plain water to remove the brine residues.
- After that, they are left in a colander and allowed to drain excess liquid, and then a little squeeze.
- Fold in bags or containers and freeze.
During defrosting, salted milk mushrooms change their structure: they become soft, therefore the number of dishes where they are used is limited. So, they are suitable for cooking soup or as a filling for a pie or casserole.
What to cook from frozen gruzdy
You can cook a variety of dishes from frozen mushrooms.
How to defrost milk mushrooms
In the process of thawing, milk mushrooms should not be left to thaw gradually, as is the case with meat or poultry - if there is a need or desire to use frozen mushrooms, they start cooking right away. So, they are usually sent to boiling water or fried in a pan.
When harvesting frozen mushrooms for the winter, it should be remembered that repeated freezing is impossible, therefore it is better to pack them in relatively small portions.
Dishes that can be prepared from frozen salmon
Not one or two dishes are prepared from frozen mushrooms, but the choice will depend on what method of processing the product was chosen earlier. So, you can be content with fried or stewed mushrooms as a self-sufficient dish or side dish, make a salad, julienne, cook a soup (for example, gruzdyanka) or cream soup. Frozen mushrooms are suitable as a pie or pizza filling.
Rules and terms of storage of frozen wetlands
The maximum allowable shelf life of the billet in the freezer is 6 months. An exception is possible when the temperature of the freezer is -19 degrees or lower than this indicator - then the workpiece can be stored for 12 months. The shelf life depends on the temperature of the freezer and on the specific method of freezing.
So, if the composition of the billet included vegetables, or the mushrooms were frozen along with the broth, the shelf life of the product is reduced to 3 months.
As a rule, the workpiece is stored for three months at temperatures up to -14 degrees and up to 6 months at temperatures up to -18 degrees.
Although it is relatively easy to freeze milk mushrooms in the freezer for winter, this method of harvesting is rarely used - they are salted more often. However, the freezing has its advantages - the frozen product takes up little space, therefore, it can be prepared much more. This method has its drawbacks - to get rid of bitterness, you need to make additional efforts.
Therefore, freezing Georgia, it is worth weighing the pros and cons of such a way so as not to be deceived by the expectations and not remain disappointed with the taste.