Compote from chokeberry for the winter is simple to prepare, well stored and able to support the body during the cold season. Ruby color and a pleasant tartness of the berries are successfully combined with the aromas of garden berries, herbs, autumn fruits. By adjusting the sweetness, as well as the concentration of compote, you can make a healthy drink pleasant for children and indispensable for adults.
The benefits and harms of black chokeberry compote
The unique composition of chokeberry berries (black fruit) gives it many useful properties. One of the ways to preserve a tasty medicine for the whole winter is to prepare a bright ruby, healing drink. The use of black chokeberry compote is due to the rich chemical composition of the berries, which suffer little from heat treatment.
Retinol, tocopherol, vitamins C, A, practically the whole series of group B, were found in the pulp of the fruit.
The composition of black insects contains such valuable substances:
- fluorine and many other compounds.
The presence of tannins, terpenes, pectins, acids perfectly protects any black worm product from souring in winter. These natural preservatives, individually, also exhibit healing properties, and those gathered in one berry create a real elixir of health.
The active substances in the fruits of Aronia are balanced in such a way that they have a complex effect on several organs and systems at once:
- Strengthen the body's immune defense.
- Treat vitamin deficiency, anemia, improve blood count.
- Strengthen blood vessels, cleanse them from atherosclerotic deposits.
- They reduce cholesterol and blood glucose levels.
- Reduce pressure, serve as a mild diuretic.
- Promote the removal of toxins, radionuclides.
- Protect from UV light.
Regular consumption of blackfruit compote will improve brain function, enhance memory, relieve stress. In winter, chokeberry drinks are taken to prevent colds, infections, and depressive conditions.Important! The berries of chokeberry and harvesting of them contribute to weight loss. Compote with moderate sugar content in the recipe reduces hunger, speeds up metabolism, improves digestion.
Black berries should be taken as a medicine, the excessive use of which can harm health. The concentration of compotes usually does not cause an overdose hazard. However, along with useful properties, Aronia has a number of contraindications. Do not recommend drinking compote from chokeberry chokeberry in such conditions:
- Personal intolerance of the fruit.
- Increased acidity of the stomach, ulcerative processes in the digestive tract.
- Reduced blood pressure.
- High blood clotting, thrombophlebitis.
- Tendency to constipation.
With care, they offer compote from black-fruited children to children under 3 years old. The content of black berries in a drink for a child should be minimal.Important! Aronia concentrated syrups should be diluted with water.
How to cook compote from chokeberry correctly
One of the valuable properties of a black chowder is ease of preparation. Dense pulp is well stored in winter, does not require special treatment before cooking. But the berries still have several features, given that you can improve the taste of compote.
Principles of cooking blackberry compote:
- The longer the berry remained on the bushes, the sweeter it is. Bitterness and astringency decreases after the first frost. Raw materials collected earlier can be frozen in the fridge.
- The harvested black insects are carefully sorted out. Immature specimens will be bitter, dry and damaged will affect the safety of compote in winter.
- If possible, sorted berries are soaked in water for 6-8 hours before cooking. It reduces astringency, softens the skin.
- Wax plaque from the surface is removed by pouring boiling water over the fruit. If chokeberry is more than 1 kg, it is convenient to blanch all the berries together for about 3 minutes in a large container with boiling water.
- For the preparation of compotes for the winter traditionally choose glass cylinders with a capacity of 3 liters. If desired, you can use a smaller container, respectively, calculating the number of products according to the recipe. All dishes for long-term storage of compote in the winter should be sterilized.
For the preservation of blanks of black apples in the winter, the amount of sugar and acid in recipes does not matter. These additives are designed to improve the taste and color of the drink. The juice of the fruit itself is a powerful preservative for seaming for the winter. Compote of chokeberry can be made without sweetening and adding citric acid.Attention! Drink of black chowder, cooked without sugar, is useful for patients with diabetes. It reduces the level of glucose in the blood, and reduces the associated symptoms: hypertension, vascular damage and nerve endings.
The classic recipe compote from chokeberry
The ratio of sugar and chokeberry in recipes depends on personal taste. The traditional combination of sweetness, acid and berry flavor is achieved according to the recipe, where 1 kg of sugar falls on 1 kg of prepared berries. Adding acid softens the taste, and the color becomes saturated with ruby ink.
Ingredients for 1 kg of black fruit:
- sugar - 1 kg;
- lemon juice - 50 g (or 1 tbsp. l. of powdered concentrate);
- drinking water (filtered) - 4 liters.
The peculiarity of recipes from Chernoplodkin winter is the absence of the berry cooking stage in the syrup. Compotes are prepared by hot pouring method, which preserves the maximum of useful substances. The berries give the color and taste of the liquid gradually, insisting in the banks that are already sealed for the winter.
Preparation of classic compote for the winter:
- Initially washed, sterilized all cans, lids, dishes and cutlery. For compote in the traditional recipe, you need dishes with a total capacity of about 6 liters.
- Blanched aurus spread over the banks, filling them at ½ of the volume.
- In a separate saucepan, boil pouring from sugar, water, citric acid. Boiling time is about 3 minutes.
- Boiling sweet solution poured cans of aronium to the top.
- Cover banks with lids without sealing.
The next stage of the classic method of harvesting compote for the winter involves additional sterilization. For this, the jars are placed in a large pot filled with hot water. It is desirable to immerse the blanks in boiling water on the hanger.
The cans are heated with a capacity of 0.5 liters for 10 minutes, liter bottles - about 15 minutes, 3-liter bottles - at least half an hour. After sterilization, the blanks are tightly rolled, turned over on the lids, heat is wrapped to cool slowly.
Such compotes infuse faster, acquiring the characteristic taste and ruby color. Store sterilized product in winter at room temperature.
A simple recipe compote from chokeberry
The chemical properties of the berries allow you to prepare drinks without sterilization and long cooking. The simplest compote recipe from black chokeberry for storage in winter suggests the following calculation of the product tab:
- syrup is prepared by adding to each liter of water 200 g of sugar;
- the black carp is measured when falling asleep in cans by eye, without weighing;
- the amount of chokeberry in a glass container must be at least 2/3 of the volume.
In sterile jars they pour the black-fruited rowan soaked in advance and pour boiling water over it. Covering tightly with lids, allow to stand for 10 minutes. Then the water is decanted into a large saucepan, where the syrup will be cooked.
Based on the resulting amount of liquid, measure the rate of sugar according to the recipe. Boil the sweet solution for a few minutes and pour it back into the cans. Corked containers leave upside down to cool.
Blackberry compote per 3 liter jar
Black rowan is excellent fruit bearing, the harvest from one bush is usually enough for a large number of blanks. Therefore, it is convenient to do the calculation of products for blackfruit compote for the winter at once on 3-liter jars. To measure the components, you need only a container with a capacity of 500 ml.
- chokeberry - 1 can;
- citric acid - 1 tsp;
- 1 small orange;
- sugar - 1 can.
Black berries sorted out, washed, boiled water. Orange cut arbitrarily, removing all the bones. Citrus when added together with the peel should be scalded and wiped dry.
- A measured amount of rowan is poured into a 3 liter container.
- Mugs or slices of orange are placed on top.
- Boiling water is poured to the top and left under the lid for 30 minutes.
- The cooled water is poured into the pan, add sugar and acid according to the recipe.
- Warm up the syrup for 5 minutes from the start of boiling and pour the berries again.
Now you can close the compote tightly, wait for cooling and place in a cool, dark place for storage.
Blackberry compote for winter without sterilization
An arctic fruit cooked without prolonged heating can be well preserved in the winter and until the new harvest. But the method of hot pouring in recipes involves the observance of some rules:
- Rowan carefully sorted, removing all immature, damaged or damaged. Remove all plant debris, leaves, twigs. When soaking get rid of sand and adhering soil particles.
- All raw materials and utensils in contact with the workpiece require sterilization by steam, boiling water or heating in the oven.
- When used in recipes black chopsticks with petioles, you should blanch the berries in a whole bunch.
- To extend the shelf life of compote in winter, the raw materials in the banks must be poured twice, draining water and subjecting it to boiling.
- After a tight closure, hot stew cans are wrapped in a thick cloth, blanket or towel. This ensures the sterilization of blanks.
- The characteristic color of compote appears 10-14 days after pouring. Prior to this, the drink may remain pale and does not have a distinct taste.
Without warming up of the corked cans it is possible to prepare compotes for winter from a black wolf according to many recipes. The main thing is to ensure that all the additives (berries, fruits, leaves) are washed and blanched.
Blackberry Compote with Cherry Leaf
Adding leaves of fruit trees to the recipe gives black fruit drinks a brighter taste. Compote from chokeberry with cherry leaf has such a pronounced aroma that it is difficult to determine the main ingredient.
Tip! The leaves in the recipe are quite enough to make the drink "cherry", but you can enhance the effect by introducing a small amount of pre-prepared juice.
To prepare 3 liters of compote will be required:
- black parrot - not less than 0.5 kg;
- sugar - 0.5 kg and more (to taste);
- Cherry leaves (fresh or dried) - 15 pcs.
- cherry juice - up to 250 ml;
- water - about 2 liters.
The recipe is different way of cooking pouring. In the syrup, cherry leaves are drawn to release the aroma.
- The leaves are washed and divided into two parts. One half is placed in a saucepan, filled with water and boiled for 5 minutes.
- Broth with the leaves steamed prepared berries and leave for 8 hours to soften.
- Rowan laid out on the banks, and boil the extract with sugar and the remaining leaves for another 5 minutes.
- At the end, pour in the juice and, waiting for the boil, remove the syrup from the fire.
- The leaves are removed with a slotted spoon, and the jars of berries are filled with a hot composition.
Depending on the method of storage in the winter, banks are sealed immediately or after sterilization.
Sea buckthorn and chokeberry compote
The value of chernoplodki compote increases many times when added to the recipe for sea buckthorn. This drink is especially useful in winter, during colds and vitamin deficiencies.
- sea buckthorn - 250 g;
- chernoplodka - 250 g;
- sugar - 250 g;
- water - about 2 liters.
The berries are poured into a 3-liter sterile container, pour hot syrup. Blackberry and sea buckthorn compote, unlike other recipes for the winter, should be sterilized before seaming with lids.
Compote of plum and chokeberry
Autumn fruits combine well with aronia in compotes. Late varieties of plums can be used in recipes, adding them equally with chokeberry.
Approximate composition for 3 l can of compote:
- plum (red varieties with detachable bone) - 300 g;
- black rowan - 300 g;
- sugar - 500 g;
- water - 2 l.
Plums are washed, divided into halves, removing bones. Black Nerve is prepared as standard. Raw materials are poured into banks and then compote is prepared for the winter by hot pouring. In the compote of plums and black apples, the amount of sugar in the recipe is changed arbitrarily, depending on the desired sweetness of the finished drink.
Compote from frozen chokeberry
After exposure to low temperatures, dense, black chokeberry more readily gives color and useful substances to the solution. Black-skin skin becomes porous after thawing, and the berry does not need long soaking or blanching.
The ratio of products can be taken from any recipe, but the process of harvesting for the winter is somewhat different.
Frozen raw blackberries placed in the cooking utensils, pour in sugar, add acid. Pour the mixture with water, bring it to a boil and warm it up for another 10 minutes. Compote is poured into hot cans and sealed without sterilization; in winter, such a drink will be perfectly preserved at normal temperature.
How to cook blackberry compote with grapes
Compote of white or pink grapes may be fragrant, but pale. A black carp is a good option for combining recipes with this autumn berry. A moderate astringency and a bright, saturated color will give special attractiveness to blanks with grapes for the winter.
- grapes in bulk - 300 g;
- chokeberry - 100 g;
- sugar - from 300 to 500 g;
- water - about 2.5 liters.
Cook the syrup and pour the berries in it as standard. The recipe lists the ingredients on a 3-liter bottle. Yeast microorganisms are present on the skin of the grapes, so compote should be filled with hot syrup at least 2 times if the drink is prepared for the winter.
Compote from chokeberry with orange
Citrus flavors delight compotes pleasantly. The oranges added to the wolfberry create an unexpected combination that resembles the taste of a cherry. To obtain this effect in any basic recipe, it is enough to introduce 1 orange per 3 l of compote.
Features of the use of citrus in recipes blanks from chokeberry for the winter:
- an orange, sliced together with the peel, is processed together with a black carp;
- when using juice, it is added to the syrup before the end of cooking;
- zest is allowed to boil with syrup to give off the flavor.
The rest of the drinks are prepared for the winter standard. Oranges in black chokeberry compotes for children are sometimes replaced with tangerines. Citrus fruits are introduced into recipes in an amount of not more than 200 g per 3 liters of drink.
Blackberry and Pear Compote
The drink with a bright ruby color and a taste of "dyushes" is very popular with children. Pears for harvesting for the winter is chosen with a dense skin and pulp that retains its shape when heated.
Norms bookmarks on one can (3l):
- pears - from 0.5 to 1 kg;
- sugar - from 1 cup to 500 g;
- fruits blackberry - from 100 to 500 g (depending on the desired taste).
Large pears cut into quarters. For the recipe it is convenient to use small varieties, adding the whole fruit, cutting off the tails. Raw materials lay in banks with berries and canned hot syrup. Compote of pear and chokeberry is desirable to sterilize for safety during the winter.
How to cook compote from chokeberry with raspberries
Adding berries creates a major accent of taste in blackfruit compotes, which in themselves do not have a bright aroma. Raspberry drink gets saturated color and noble tartness from chokeberry.
- raspberry berries with dense pulp - 600 g;
- chokeberry (fresh) - 400 g;
- sugar - to taste (400 g);
- water - 1.5 l.
The peculiarity of cooking such compote is the need to combine dense blackfruit berries with delicate pulp of raspberry, prone to cooking. To combine these different components in one recipe, act like this:
- Washed black fruit blanch in water for about 10 minutes.
- Raspberries are not boiled, but immersed in the same boiling composition, without removing them from the sieve. After 1 minute, the blanched raw materials are quickly removed.
- Black berries and raspberries processed by this method are poured into jars and filled with boiling syrup.
Banks can be immediately capped, wrap and left for self-sterilization.
Compote from chokeberry and currant
Both berries give a similar color in drinks, and the taste of compote will no doubt be currant. An approximate tab of products for the recipe for the winter looks like this:
- black currant - 500 g;
- Black Carp - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- water - 3 l.
Sorting and preparing two berries is hard work. In currants and chokeberry should remove tails. It is convenient to do this with scissors.
Both kinds of black fruits are cooked together: poured into a large saucepan, add sugar, pour in water. On moderate heat, stirring, bring the mixture to a boil and allow it to boil for another 5 minutes.
Clean cans are filled to the brim with hot compote, covered with tight lids, leave to infuse. For successful storage in winter, you can sterilize the workpiece.
Black rowan compote recipe with lemon and mint
Lemon is a classic satellite of black insects in any recipes. Компот из чернильных ягод при добавлении кислоты приобретает прозрачность и красноватый оттенок, обогащается витаминами, приобретает баланс сладости/кислотности.
Особенности варки компота:
- For the preparation they take the classic combination of the basic recipe, in which the powder product is replaced with a natural lemon.
- Compote citrus fruits can be cut into large rings along with the peel and put on top of the rowan in jars.
- The containers filled with chokeberry for 2/3, with lemon slices stacked, pour boiling water. Defend for 10 minutes and decant the liquid into the pan.
- Cook the syrup according to the standard scheme, increasing the amount of sugar by 100 g per lemon over the recipe.
- 2-3 sprigs of mint are added at the end of cooking to the sweet syrup and allowed to brew for at least 15 minutes after switching off. Then the fragrant grass should be removed.
Hot syrup is poured in blanks in jars and insisted up to 10 days before tasting or sending to the pantry for the winter.
How to cook compote from chokeberry and cherry plum
Cherry plum is quite an acidic product and perfectly balances the natural astringency of the black wolf in compotes.Attention! Sugar for such a recipe will require more, but the drink will turn out to be viscous and saturated to taste.
Composition on 1 can (3 l):
- ripe plum fruits - 400 g;
- black fruit berries - 200 g;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- water - about 2 liters.
Before blanching, each cherry plum fruit should be pricked. So the raw materials will not crack and compote will not become muddy.
- The prepared cherry plum is blanched along with the black wolf for several minutes.
- Fruits poured into a jar and pour boiling water. Defend 10 minutes.
- Separate the liquid, filtering through a special cover with holes.
- Prepare the syrup from the strained water and the entire portion of sugar, warming the mixture until boiling.
- Hot sweet solution is poured into containers with fruits, filling them completely.
Sealed blanks with sterile caps and defend, turning upside down to cool. For the winter, they remove the seals in a cool place.
Compote of black and red rowan
Both types of berries are treated the same, so for recipes you can mix fruits equally. The addition of red rowan increases astringency and adds bitterness to compote. In any recipe, where part of blackfruit is replaced by red rowan, it is permissible to increase the rate of sugar and acid to taste.
When blanching the fruit mixture, a little salt is added to the water, which neutralizes some of the bitterness. Otherwise, they act according to any given recipe, not exceeding the rate of laying the ashberry mixture - 1/3 of a can.
Rules for storage of black insect compotes
The dwarf beetle is well stored and is itself a preservative for other products in compote, when harvesting for the winter. Drinks are usable for a year after canning.
Some storage features:
- billet for the winter with blackfruit should be protected from light;
- in the cellar or other cool place compotes can be stored for up to 24 months;
- using ingredients with stones in the recipe (cherries, cherry plums) reduces the shelf life to 6 months.
Compote from chokeberry for the winter - a tasty way to save the benefits of berries. Bright drinks with a diverse composition prove that body support in the cold season can be tasty and varied. Strong medicinal properties of blackfruits in compotes acquire a soft, gentle effect and do not harm the body with moderate intake.