Many people know such spicy herb as basil. It is used to prepare various sauces, preparations for the winter, as a seasoning for various dishes. But from the grass you can cook and compote, even prepare it for the winter. The benefits and harms of basil compote are hardly known to anyone, and even fewer housewives know what recipes there are for making such blanks.
The benefits of basil compote
All the properties of basil compote, especially with the addition of lemon, and its benefits are determined by the content of essential oils in it.
Basil compote benefits:
- has antimicrobial properties;
- has a sedative effect;
- has anti-inflammatory properties;
- struggling with stomatitis;
- useful for people who suffer from gas and diarrhea;
- fights insomnia;
- relieves stress.
All these properties help the body and strengthen the immune system. It is useful to use spicy herb compote in acute respiratory infections and various stressful situations.
Who is contraindicated compote with basil
But there are also groups of people to whom compote from basil is contraindicated or worth drinking with restriction.
First of all, these are people suffering from constipation, since tannins in compote with basil contribute to the consolidation of the chair. And also do not drink this compote to people with an allergy to basil. If a person is allergic, but the reaction to basil has not been studied, then it is necessary to take the drink first in a small amount and exclude it from the diet in case of any allergic reaction.
And also do not drink compote to pregnant women, because basil can improve the tone of the uterus, which can lead to dangerous consequences for pregnancy. If there are listed problems, then you should not use compote or you should consult with your doctor about the allowed amount of drink in the knocks.
Basil Compote Recipes for Winter
Compote can be prepared for the winter and at the same time use spicy grass. Additional ingredients can be apples, lemons, as well as apricots and other fruits.
Optimal for harvesting use leaves purple. They give compote a beautiful color. If you use green leaves in combination with citric acid, then the shade of the drink will also be pleasant.
Compote of basil and lemon for the winter
The recipe of basil and lemon compote is quite simple, and the ingredients for it are also simple:
- purple basil - 90 g;
- green basil - 50 g;
- big lemon - 1 piece;
- 280 g sugar;
- 3 liters of water.
Cooking stages are available even for beginner housewives:
- Rinse the leaves of both varieties of basil thoroughly.
- Lemon divided into two halves.
- Then cut the lemon into small pieces.
- Boil water in a large saucepan.
- Add basil, after 5 minutes add lemon and sugar.
- Boil compote for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Strain the drink through cheesecloth.
- Bring the drink to a boil.
Immediately after boiling, it is necessary to pour the compote into washed and sterilized jars and immediately cover with lids. Hermetically roll up and wrap in a blanket so that the drink slowly cooled. Only a day or two later, you can lower the billet for permanent storage in the cellar.
Apple Compote with Basil
For the preparation of a classic apple drink with the addition of basil you will need:
- 1.5 kg of apples;
- a sprig of basil, to taste the hostess, you can add more;
- 350 grams of sugar.
The recipe for making such a refreshing drink is simple:
- Apples cut into large slices, cut the seed part.
- Spread on banks and pour sugar.
- Add basil.
- Pour hot water into cans.
- Then put the jars in the pan and send for sterilization within 15-20 minutes.
After sterilization, the blank is immediately rolled up and turned over, and covered with a warm blanket. So she should stand for a day, after which it can be lowered into the basement.
Compote of basil with citric acid
Apple compote with basil is especially tasty when you add a little citric acid. The drink will be refreshing and pleasantly sour. Ingredients:
- 120 g of purple basil;
- 4 apples;
- 2/3 teaspoons citric acid;
- 220 g of granulated sugar;
- 2.8 liters of drinking water.
Preparing a refreshing drink according to this recipe is easy:
- Boil water and put basil in it.
- Wash apples, cut into large pieces, put in jars.
- Basil boil for 10 minutes and remove from the water.
- Liquid pour into banks.
- After 15 minutes, drain and put on fire.
- When the liquid boils, add sugar and citric acid.
- 5 minutes to boil and again pour the apples in the banks.
Now you can roll up the banks and wrap them with a warm rug. In this way, the tightness is checked and the banks get cold slowly, which will further increase the shelf life.
Basil and Apricot Compote Recipe
To make an apricot drink, you will need only a pound of pitted apricot. It will turn out very fragrant drink, and lovers of exotic will be happy to drink it. Ingredients:
- green basil - 3 sprigs;
- 1 lemon;
- 2 liters of water;
- a pound of apricot with a bone;
- 180 grams of sugar.
The recipe is not difficult:
- Wash apricots and basil leaves, put in a saucepan, add water.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and put in the water the yellow part of citrus.
- Boil after boiling over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Insist and cool compote.
- Strain the drink.
- Add sugar.
- Boil and in boiling pour into bottles.
Roll up and leave for storage. Suitable not only for everyday use, but also for the holiday table.
Gooseberry compote with basil for the winter
Delicious gooseberry compote with basil is excellent for refreshing and vitaminizing. Components for this preparation:
- 1 kg gooseberry;
- liter jar of red currants;
- 2 glasses of sugar;
- with a dozen leaves of grass.
Instructions for preparing a tasty billet:
- Prepare a syrup of one and a half liters of water and two glasses of sugar.
- In a three-liter jar put the leaves, all the berries.
- Boiling syrup pour the contents of the jar.
- Put on sterilization for half an hour.
- After that, pull out the cans and roll up hermetically.
After a day of cooling down in a warm blanket, send the compote to the basement or cellar.
Pear compote with basil for the winter
Herb is also added to the pear drink, which gives the drink a pleasant aroma and unusual taste.
For a drink you will need:
- catnip lemon - 3 sprigs;
- 3 sprigs of lemon balm and basil;
- 400 g pears;
- 5 large spoons of sugar;
- a pinch of citric acid;
- 3 liters of water.
Cooking recipe in step-by-step instructions:
- Boil water and add pears, cut into large slices, and sugar.
- After 15 minutes, throw all the necessary herbs and citric acid.
- Boil another 5 minutes on low heat and in a boiling form pour into banks.
- Hermetically roll with canned key pre-treated lids.
Compote of pears and basil will pleasantly surprise all family members. This is an extraordinary drink, both in taste and in flavor.
Cherry and basil compote
For a cherry recipe with the use of fragrant herbs will need very few berries. The ingredients for a refreshing drink are:
- a teaspoon of citric acid;
- a bunch of basil;
- 2 glasses of cherries;
- 2 cups sugar.
The recipe is simple:
- It is necessary to throw in the jar greens, berries.
- Pour boiling water, let stand.
- Drain the liquid, add sugar and citric acid.
- Bring to a boil and boil for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the contents of the jar and immediately roll up hermetically.
The blank will have a pleasant color and an unusual, amazing taste. At the same time, the benefits of such a billet in the winter period are unusually high due to the essential oils of basil. This compote has antiviral properties and helps to fight colds.
Terms and conditions of storage
If all the conditions for proper storage of conservation are observed, the beverage can stand for 5-6 months. It is important that it be closed tightly, and the air does not get inside. And also of great importance is the cleanliness and sterility of dishes, both cans and lids.
With regard to storage conditions, it is important that sunlight does not penetrate into the cellar or cellar type premises. It provokes pathological processes in the workpieces, and therefore all seals for the winter should be stored in dark places. The temperature should not rise above +18 ° C. And in winter, the cellar or other storage location should not freeze and the temperature should not fall below zero.
Also, high humidity and mold are contraindicated.
For those who want to keep such a blank in the apartment, a well-insulated balcony with a dark pedestal, as well as an unheated pantry, with an acceptable temperature in the winter, is perfect.
The benefits and harms of basil compote are based on the numerous components that make up the herb itself and the additional ingredients of the compote. These are vitamins, minerals, essential oils, tannins, numerous macro and microelements. Such a preparation will perfectly raise the tone of the whole organism and will help to overcome illness and weakness in the cold season. Antiviral effect will help to cope with a cold.