Salted tomatoes in cans or in ceramic or wooden kegs are considered to be some of the traditional homemade preparations that can be preserved for the winter. For their preparation will require a minimum of ingredients, and the process is simple and does not take much time. Information on how to make tomatoes in a hot way for the winter is useful for both beginners and experienced housewives.
Hot Salting Tomatoes
To prepare salted tomatoes in a hot way, small or medium-sized tomatoes of any variety, various spices, fresh young greens, regular table salt, in some cases granulated sugar, clean tap or well water, jars from 1 to 3 liters or ceramic kegs, or wooden ones will be needed barrels of various sizes. The container in which the tomatoes will be salted must be intact, without cracks and chips. Immediately before rolling the tomatoes, they should be thoroughly washed with warm water and soda, rinsed with cool water several times and dried at room temperature.
The principle of canning tomatoes in hot brine is very simple - the tomatoes are placed in a jar with spices, 1 time poured boiling water, the second time - with hot brine and immediately rolled tin or screw caps. If tomatoes are preserved in barrels, then they are only filled with brine once.
Tomatoes for canning can be taken as very ripe (but not overripe), and a little underripe. The main thing is that they are dense, with a thin but durable skin, without dents, rot and traces of diseases. Tomatoes of any type and shape are suitable, both ordinary round and creamy, heart-shaped.
It is better to preserve homemade fruits that have grown on their garden beds - they are much tastier than the purchased ones, they are distinguished by a rich red color and taste, a strong persistent aroma. They become salty in about a month and a half after cooking. If everything is done correctly, the tomatoes will remain dense, retain their inherent shape, but will acquire a bright peculiar taste and a specific pleasant aroma. In winter, they can be used as an appetizer or side dish for various main dishes.
Traditional hot tomato recipe
In order to pickle tomatoes in a hot way, you will need to take 1 standard 3-liter jar:
- 2 kg of selected tomato fruits;
- 2 full art. l salts;
- small sheet of horseradish;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tsp dill seeds;
- 2 leaves of laurel;
- 1 hot pepper;
- sweet and black peas - 5 pcs .;
- cold water - 1 l.
Step by step cooking salted tomatoes in the traditional way looks like this:
- Wash the jars, steam them and dry. Cover the lid in boiling water for 5 minutes. Barrel wash and scald with boiling water.
- Tomatoes, horseradish leaf, garlic and hot pepper, wash under running water and leave for a few minutes to glass the water.
- At the bottom of the cans or keg put spices and layers tightly lay out all the tomatoes.
- Pour the vegetables with boiling water, cover the jars with lids and leave for 20 minutes until the water cools a little.
- Drain the water in a saucepan, add salt and boil again.
- The second time, pour the pickle on the tomatoes and immediately roll them in tin lids.
- Put the jars to cool: cover them with a blanket and leave for 1 day.
After cooling, transfer the jars to a dark and cold place, for example, to a cellar or to a cool storeroom.
Hot-salted tomatoes with garlic and herbs
To give the tomatoes a little spicy taste and a pleasant fresh smell, you can add seasonings such as garlic and herbs (fresh dill, cilantro, parsley, celery). For canning in a 3-liter jar will need such ingredients:
- 2 kg red small or medium sized tomatoes;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 1 bitter pepper;
- 1 garlic;
- 1 small bunch of greens;
- 1 liter of water.
Steps for cooking tomatoes:
- Prepare cans or keg for preservation: wash them, steam and dry.
- Put spices and tomatoes in layers.
- Pour boiling water and incubate for 20 minutes.
- Again, pour the liquid into the same pan, add salt and stir.
- When it boils, pour the tomatoes with hot pickle and roll up the lids immediately.
Cooling is the same as in the traditional way.
Hot tomato pickle recipe with grape leaves
One of the options for hot salting a tomato involves the use of green vine leaves for canning. They contain ascorbic acid, which, together with salt, prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in brine. To make tomatoes, you need to take as many leaves as there are tomatoes in stock, since each of them will need to be wrapped in a sheet.
The remaining ingredients are:
- 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 2 tbsp. l salts;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 1 l cold water.
Cooking these tomatoes in a hot way is very simple. Need to:
- Prepare cans, fruits and grape leaves.
- Each tomato from all sides wrapped in a sheet and put in a jar or keg.
- Pour boiling water 1 time, after a 20-minute infusion, pour water into a saucepan, add salt and sugar to the liquid, stir and boil it.
- Pour the boiling brine into the jar and immediately roll up with tin lids.
Put to cool under a thick blanket for 1 day.
How to salt tomatoes in a hot way with coriander and basil
Those who like tomatoes to be not only salty, but also smell good, will like the recipe, which uses coriander and green basil as seasonings.
Here's what you need to cook tomatoes in a hot way according to this recipe:
- 2 kg of tomato fruit;
- 2 tbsp. l ordinary salt;
- 1 tsp coriander;
- 3-4 sprigs of basil;
- 0.5 garlic;
- 1 bitter pepper.
Tomatoes with basil and coriander under a hot pickle need to be closed as well as tomatoes from previous recipes.
Terms of storage tomatoes, hot pickles
Hot preserved tomatoes are best stored in a cold, unlit and completely dry room. For example, in their home it is very convenient to store them in a basement or cellar, or in a storage room in a city apartment. Under such conditions, they can be preserved without loss of quality for at least 1 year, and a maximum of 2-3 years.Important! Three years is the deadline for storage of conservation, then all unused banks should be replaced with new ones.
Tomatoes in a hot way for the winter can cook any hostess. To do this, just use any recipe listed here. They are quite simple, but, nevertheless, salted tomatoes, canned in accordance with them, are very tasty and fragrant.