Well, when there is a beloved cottage, where you can relax from the monotonous everyday life, breathe fresh air, and sometimes live for a while. Country landscape largely determines the nature of the owner.
In order to competently design and implement landscape design in life, you can call experts with years of experience. But it is much more pleasant (and cheaper) to create a landscape of the cottage with your own hands.
Of course, this requires a lot of effort, some knowledge and skills, but the result will please any host, because doing something with your own hands, you put in a piece of the soul.
How to create a landscape design with your own hands, where to start, what emphasis to place - about everything in this article, with numerous photos and useful recommendations.
Determination of the type of landscape cottages
Before proceeding with the design, it is necessary to find out which section will have to work. For this you need to come to the cottage and carefully look around. This stage is especially important for new sites, the owners of which are still unfamiliar with the features and properties of the dacha landscape.
So, the determining factors in the choice of the landscape of the villa will be:
- the location of the suburban area, its orientation to the cardinal points;
- the nature and style of the buildings available at the dacha (both the main house and small business buildings);
- suburban illumination;
- soil type on the plot;
- terrain (plain, slope, the proximity of a natural reservoir, forest, and so on);
- presence of fencing between neighboring cottages.
Attention! Despite the importance of these factors, the personal preferences of the villagers will play a decisive role in the development of landscape design.
Having decided on the type of landscape at the dacha, you can proceed to the next item.
As with any construction, the creation of a landscape in a country house requires preliminary preparation - drawing up a plan.
To make a plan, you can use one of the many computer programs. Modern technologies allow, just by driving the parameters of the dacha, to get the most optimal landscape design. In this case, you can get a three-dimensional image of the future landscape of the summer house and finally decide whether you like this project or need to look for another one.
If there is no desire or opportunity to work with robots, you can sketch out the dacha landscape with your own hands. This requires a plan of the site itself and the available buildings on it.
The existing dacha plan is transferred onto millimeter paper, observing the scale, and then proceeding to the drawing of individual elements of the landscape.
Landscape Design Details
To date, many elements have been invented that allow to decorate the landscape of the dacha and the local area, to make them as functional and expressive as possible.
Among other things, the most notable are such details of the dacha landscape, such as:
- Small architectural structures. These are garages, sheds, summer shower, bath and much more. The main requirement for such dacha constructions is that they should be performed in the same style as a residential building, and should correspond to the landscape design. Today, the combination of incompatible and confusing styles is in fashion, but it is better to entrust such work to professionals, since it is very easy to overdo it. Maintaining a single style of the landscape of the dacha, it is easy to achieve naturalness and naturalness. So, if the house is built of wood, brick outbuildings will look ridiculous against its background. But a log bathhouse is quite suitable for a stone cottage. Another rule is that the buildings should have an interesting architecture, because the garden is beautiful only in summer, in winter all eyes of the dacha guests will be focused on the buildings.
- Landscape zoning should be performed based on its initial configuration. So, square dacha plots are more suitable for splitting into identical square zones, it is better to divide the section of elongated shape into rectangles of different sizes with a certain landscape.
- Fences and fences also play a fairly large role in the design of landscape design cottages. In this case, as a rule, fences between neighboring cottages are not included in the definition of the landscape. Here decorative fences are taken into account, helping to divide the cottage into thematic areas, such as a garden, a kitchen garden, a recreation area, a playground, a car parking lot and others. These fences do not perform the function of protecting the cottage from prying eyes or strong wind, their purpose is to complement the landscape design, to act as an additional decorative element.
- Tracks. Garden paths in the country can be of two types: geometric and arbitrary. The first option is more suitable for spacious country cottages, the territory of which has the correct shape of a square or rectangle. In the overwhelming majority of cases, country dachas have a polygonal complex shape and a small area. On such landscapes, curvilinear, winding paths look more profitable. So, there should be two types of paths: the main one, which connects the gate with the entrance to the house, and the secondary paths connecting the house with all the zones of the summer cottage.
- Artificial structures perform a decorative function in the design of the landscape. These include alpine slides, rockeries, patios, a zone near the pool. All this a person creates with his own hands, before the construction of each of these elements it is necessary to draw up an individual plan with all sizes and small details.
- Reservoirs, too, often become the decoration of the dacha. Today in the landscape there are artificial ponds, rivers, streams, fountains, waterfalls. A combination of several of these constructions in a single landscape is often used. When designing a reservoir in the country, one should not forget about bringing water, electricity for pumps and filters to this place, as well as a drainage system.
- Vegetation is perhaps the most important part in creating the landscape of a summer house. Well-chosen trees, shrubs, flowers and herbs can change beyond any recognition beyond recognition. Planting and caring for plants takes up most of the summer time of the dacha, so when choosing plants, you need to correctly calculate your time and energy. It is better for a busy person to plant perennial crops, shrubs and dwarf trees at the dacha, unpretentious flowers adapted to the local climate.
Completing the task
You can also implement your plan yourself. Creating a landscape design cottages, as mentioned above, you must start with the preparation of the project. You can choose a landscape project according to numerous photos and videos of already realized landscapes, but it is much more interesting to invent it yourself.
When the project of a landscape is chosen and the plan is thrown, it is possible to start realization of the conceived. First of all they build summer houses: a terrace, a gazebo, a tandoor or a brazier. Without these structures, it is difficult to imagine a cottage as a place to rest.
During the period of digging up the foundation, extra earth can form, sometimes large stones come across - it’s not worth getting rid of them prematurely. All this can be a building material for rockeries or alpine slides.Important! When building a stove, barbecue or tandoor, it is necessary to take into account the wind rose in the region. It will not be very good if the smoke from the hearth envelops the house or the arbor.
The next step will be the laying of tracks in the country. The simplest option is to mark the perimeter of the walkway, remove the soil to a depth of about 10 cm and fill the resulting void with large stones or paving slabs.
Summer paths can be a real decoration of the landscape, they are made of wood cuts, covered with pebbles or rubble, using modern materials, such as mosaics or ceramics. The most successful examples of tracks in the landscape are shown in the photo.
After that, you can do a dacha landscape decor. At this stage, lay out stone gardens, make fountains and ponds, build pools. Modern country landscape is not accepted to decorate with figures of animals and gnomes - this is a stage already passed. Today, different vases, statues, installations of interesting materials (as in the photo), original lamps are in fashion.
The stage of landscape gardening cottages, by right, is considered the most interesting. But it is also the most important, because green spaces can transform any cottage. For those who visit their summer cottage only on weekends, more suitable perennial plants, unpretentious flowers, trees and shrubs.
Exotic bright flower stalks usually require more thorough care - they need regular watering, fertilizing, transplanting.
It is difficult to imagine the landscape of a dacha without a hedge. As this element, you can choose evergreens, conifers and shrubs. The fence should be beautiful not only in summer, but also in autumn, in winter. The state of the hedge should be carefully monitored: water, cut, remove dead wood.
As an intermediate landscape gardening cottages, you can choose a lawn. Smooth grass looks spectacular in any area, the lawn can be “diluted” with interesting shrubs or bright colors.
On both sides of the path leading to the house can be broken flower beds. It is better not to make them symmetrical, the flower gardens different in shape and filling look more original.
On the terrace, in the gazebo, poolside and flowerpots look great by the pool. The arbor will be decorated with lanyard vines and pots with ampelous plants.
Arranging a summer cottage with your own hands is not only a way to save money, but also a great option for relaxation and rest from city everyday life.