To beautifully decorate the garden, not enough desire. It is good to have the basics of knowledge of landscape design. One of the options often used to design the landscape, is rabatka.
What is it
Rabatka - a flower garden, most often, a rectangular shape, narrow and long. Width and length are related as 1: 3. So, if the width of the flower bed is 4 m, then the length will be, respectively, 12 m. It is placed along the garden paths, fences, the foundation of the house. Function rabatki - decorate or divide the area into zones. These flower beds are actively used in the landscape design of our cities. Alley often share ornamental plants, decorated in rabatku.
Once upon a time, banal beds were called slaves in Germany. And they grew on them, respectively, vegetables. Now the filling of the discount has changed to a flower one. Although you can plant and spicy herbs. It will be both beautiful and useful.
There are several signs by which the flower garden is classified.
According to the location of rabatki:
- Symmetric - in the middle of some space. For example, a lawn.
- Asymmetric - along a fence or foundation.
By plant species:
- Annual rabatki created from plants that grow one season, delighting with bright colors.
- Perennial plants are planted by representatives of the flora, which grow 2 -3 seasons, without requiring transplantation. Slaves of perennials along the path will delight you with its beauty for several years.
According to the planting method of plants of different heights:
- In the single-tier flower garden are used for planting the same height.
- In a two-tier one, the flowers form two parts in height: high and low.
- Multi-tiered flower garden consists of different planting height.
According to the form:
- One-sided rabatka - tall plants are planted along the fence or walls in the background, then of medium height, in the foreground - undersized or ground cover. If you need to hide something, for example, the foundation of the house, then use the plantings of the same color range. Or, on the contrary, plant blooming greens with a very bright color, then the flower garden will distract attention from building errors.
- Two-sided rabatka - the middle part of the flower garden is occupied by tall plants, and on the sides are low. This flower garden should be open to view from all sides. Its best location is in the middle of the plot. Function rabatki - division of the area into zones.
- Broken rabatka - a long flower bed is divided for convenience by a decorative stone, a footpath or undersized plants, or a large single plant (rose, dahlia, peony). It is not at all necessary that the shape of the ridge be rectangular, it can be very different: both drop-shaped and wavy.
- Monochrome - use for decoration of rabatki plants blooming in the same color scheme.
- Contrast rabatka - the use of two or more colors.
Rabatka do it yourself
Tip! Before you begin to create a discount, remember that the size of your flower garden is directly dependent on the size of the area.
Most citizens can not boast of large areas of their sites. Therefore, choose the appropriate size of the work, it is better if its width is 0.5 meters.
A step-by-step action plan for creating rebates is the following.
First: plan. Start with a sheet of paper. Draw what you want to see your discount. First of all, decide on the form. It will be even rows or fancy patterns, you decide. Next, decide in what colors will be your flower bed. Will you combine plants of the same species, but different colors. Or you will go in a difficult way by combining annuals and perennials, or you will use flowers and plants with an unusual shape and color of leaves. This is a good move, as flowering plants usually lack greenery.
The following is a possible layout of perennials:
Place for a flower bed
Next step. Need to navigate the terrain. Determine where the flower garden will be and what the conditions are. Conditions are important to your pets. Will there be a shadow or a bright sun, high humidity? Consider the type of soil so that the plants grow well and delight you with violent flowering. If you want to decorate the site with tiered plantations, then listen to the advice of landscape designers: on 1 square. m flower bed should be placed 4 tall plants, 5 medium and 9 small.
Plant speciesTip! Use 2 - 3 types of plants, otherwise you will receive an unnecessary diversity, which will destroy the harmony and the pattern of rabatki.
Choosing flowers, remember the timing of flowering. Everyone wants the discount to enjoy the process of continuous flowering from early spring to late autumn.
Early flowering plants: daffodils, tulips, snowdrops, crocuses. Unfortunately, this beauty is short-lived.
After the bulbous one, one can plant on the vacant space: ageratum, calendula, petunia, marigold, lobelia, pansies.
You can add decorative flowers to flowering plants: seaside cineraria, Crested Chlorophytum, Coleus Hybrid. It is possible to use vegetables and carrots in rabat: carrots and beets, parsley and zucchini.
Perennials make life easier for gardeners. Look good in rabatka irises, phlox, lilies, lupins, host, peonies, bergenia, fern. The use of undersized coniferous plants: spruce, juniper is not prohibited. Spicy herbs: lemon balm, sage, thyme, mint, rosemary, which contain essential oils, will fill the garden with indescribable aromas, and they will bring you considerable benefits. Use herbs as spices or brew tea.
From the theory we turn to step-by-step actions. Cooking garden tools. It will take:
- pegs with ropes;
- watering can;
- decorative stone, tile - what will decorate the edges of the rabatka;
- may need a supply of fertile land and fertilizer.
First, we make the markup using a peg and a rope, where the flower garden will be directly. We dig up the earth, we introduce fertilizers. If the earth has never been dug over earlier in this area, then it is necessary to remove the top layer of sod to a depth of 10 - 15 cm, considering the shape of the ridge. Then we pour gravel for drainage into this depression, then the ground mixed with fertilizers. Further, having armed with our sketch, we begin to plant the plants. Start from the center, gradually move to the edges. It is more comfortable. Otherwise, the landing will be trampled and damaged.Important! Do not plant plants too often. This is while they are small, and then go to growth, and they need a place in the sun. 30 -60 cm - the optimal distance.
When plants are planted, it is necessary to water them. If you have planned to finish the edge of the flower bed with a decorative element, then do it before watering.
It will take some time for the plants to take root and adapt. Very soon, the type of rabatki change for the better.
Flowering healthy plants - the dream and pride of any gardener. Do not forget that your flower garden will require attention. It is important to water in time. Consider the weather conditions. Do not forget to loosen the soil and remove weeds. Then the landing will look neat. If the flower died for some reason, you should replace it with a healthy one. Fertilize plants, then there will be no losses due to the lack of nutrients.
In the autumn, perennial plants free from dried greens and cover. You can arrange pegs with inscriptions to know for sure what and where winters. Be sure to inspect the plants, remove the dead and spread overgrown.
Annual plants in the autumn must be removed to avoid the processes of decay and the spread of disease.
Creating rabatki is a fascinating creative activity, during which dreams and aesthetic preferences will be realized. Every day you will receive satisfaction and true pleasure from the work done. And in the long winter evenings you will look at photos of the past garden season, and make new plans. You can stock up on new ideas by watching the video: