What only breeders and sellers of saplings do not think up to attract a buyer! One of the latest innovations on the market was the raspberry tree, the Fairy Tale variety deserved particular popularity. The beauty of this plant is truly fabulous: a tall bush with powerful stiffened shoots, spectacular and fragrant flowering and large, very tasty berries. Raspberry Tale variety has many advantages, this species has its own characteristics, some disadvantages.
Description varieties of raspberries Fairy tale, photos of bushes and berries, as well as reviews of this variety can be found in this article. It also describes the rules for growing and caring for raspberry tree.
Characteristic of raspberry tale
Raspberry Tale was the second shtambovym variety, bred on the basis of a variety of Turus. A stem is a tree trunk, from the base to the top. Growing raspberries on a shtambu began to be used only a few decades ago. A gardener must understand that the expression “raspberry tree” is somewhat exaggerated, in fact it is just a powerful bush with thick shoots covered with wood and a decent height.
The standard raspberry tale has the following characteristics:
- average time of ripening - berries ripen in the middle of summer;
- powerful bush up to 2-2.5 meters high, not needing to be tied up due to thick stems;
- this raspberry is not remontant, but its fruiting period is extended — you can pick fresh berries until autumn;
- the fruits are very beautiful, large, shiny, cone-shaped - the mass of the berry can reach 15 grams;
- raspberry taste is excellent, the aroma is strongly pronounced, the sugar content is high;
- fruits are transportable, not showered from branches, long remain elastic and beautiful;
- shoots powerful, thick, not getting thinner upwards, sprawling;
- at least four side shoots appear on each stem - they create fruit branches;
- Leaves at the Fairy Tale are bright green, glossy, carved;
- productivity is very high, can reach 10 kg from each bush;
- the variety is unpretentious, resistant to diseases and pests;
- the fairy tale is able to tolerate frosts up to -23 degrees, well adapted to a long drought;
- raspberries need pruning, standard bushes must be formed.
Description of Raspberry Tale would be incomplete, if not to mention some of the shortcomings of this variety:
- The tale is not suitable for growing in the most northern regions. Thick lignified stems can not be bent to the ground in order to cover for the winter.
- The high height of the bush makes it difficult to pick berries from the very top.
- The yield of raspberry Tale is very much dependent on the growing conditions and the frequency of fertilizing.
- The stem bush constantly needs to be adjusted, formed, conducting a seasonal pruning both in spring and in autumn.
All the shortcomings of the raspberry variety Fairy tale are instantly forgotten at the mere sight of this beautiful bush. Yes, and the taste of the berries is so good that you can try and put more effort into growing, more often fertilize and water this raspberry in your own garden.
Planting and care
There is no special difference in the cultivation of the standard raspberry. Fairy tale no: this variety needs the same agrotechnical methods as any other garden or remontant raspberry. For a good harvest, raspberry tale needs loose soil, regular watering, generous dressing, plenty of sun and heat.
Important! Still, the standard raspberry requires more frequent attention from the gardener. But after all, the harvest of one bush Tales will give as much as ten bushes of the usual variety.
How to plant a fairy tale in your garden
Raspberry variety which belongs to the standard, requires a lot of space and light - this is the first rule of planting such a plant. That is why for this raspberry choose a sunny, sheltered from the wind, better located on a hill.
The soil under the Fairy Tale should be loose and nutritious, so if it does not meet these requirements, it will be necessary to improve the composition of the soil. Having dug a hole for planting a seedling, they are poured with nutrient black soil or they add a bucket of humus, coarse sand, wood ash, and peat.
For shtambovoy raspberry is very important good air permeability of the soil, since the upper roots of such a plant must absorb oxygen from the air. Therefore, the Tale is not planted in the lowlands, where water will stagnate in the spring or after a heavy rain. In addition, the soil around the bush regularly weed, loosen and remove weeds.Tip! To buy seedlings of such valuable varieties as the Stamp Fairy Tale, should only be in proven nurseries.
This raspberry is propagated by cuttings. Plant them immediately after purchase. If there are several bushes, a decent spacing between them is observed - 100 cm in a row and at least 180 cm between adjacent rows.
To plant a fairy tale sapling, they dig a hole or trench, the depth of which will be about 40 cm. Humus or compost is poured at the bottom of the bed, the upper layers of the soil are mixed with ash, peat, sand.
After planting, raspberries need to be watered regularly until the roots take root, and new shoots appear on the stem.
It is necessary to take care of a standard raspberry all the year round. This care consists of the following:
- After the rooting of seedlings, watering is performed less frequently as the ground dries.
- When new leaves begin to appear, the soil around the Fairy Tale is mulched with peat, sawdust or leaves, so that moisture is better preserved.
- When a bush blooms and berries ripen on it, raspberries especially need watering. During this period, the fairy tale is watered more frequently and more abundantly.
- Feed the standard raspberries need to start from the beginning of flowering and until the autumn pruning. For top dressing it is better to use liquid organics or mineral complexes dissolved in water.
- After harvesting, in the autumn it is necessary to prune the bush. At this stage, the two-year shoots are cut to the root, form a bush, leaving no more than seven young stems. Distribute new shoots of replacement should be evenly.
- If autumn is arid, in October it is imperative to water every bush fairy tale. In addition, raspberries should be fed: for each plant they lay out four buckets of cow manure, sprinkle fertilizer on top of them with sawdust.
- Preparing raspberries for winter consists in tying up still green shoots and slightly bending them to the ground. After that, the associated shoots are fixed at the base of a neighboring bush (this is possible if the Tale is planted at the correct interval).
In order to grow a stab variety in Siberia, one should prefer the remontant variety of the Fairy Tale. Such a raspberry in the period of autumn pruning is removed at the root, cutting absolutely all the shoots. Then it remains only to cover the ground to protect the roots of the plant.
In the middle lane it is convenient to use not the method of bending down the raspberry (since it is difficult to make it because of the thick stems), but the covering of the plant tops with reed mats or nonwoven material.
Multiplication of standard raspberries
Variety Tale does not need extra advertising, because for its popularity is the beauty of the bushes and the size of the berries. It is not surprising that an increasing number of gardeners wants to have this raspberry in their own garden. But breeding shtambovy grade is not very good.
Important! Reproduction. Fairy tales are complicated by a small number of replacement shoots - they are much smaller than those of ordinary varieties. But the standard raspberry will not “crawl” around the site, filling up all the free space.
You can propagate the Tale in several ways:
- root cuttings;
- green cuttings - shoots;
- root scions.
Planting standard raspberries is best in October, when the seedlings are fully matured.
In special laboratories, such raspberry varieties are propagated by the microclonal method, it is much cheaper and significantly increases the number of healthy seedlings.
Veronika, Yekaterinburg We live in the Urals, and we have been growing standard raspberries for several years. First, the famous Turus appeared in our garden, and a couple of years ago they bought a sapling Fairy Tales. Regarding this raspberry, I can say the following: the tree has not grown out of it. The bushes, of course, are very tall and powerful, with thick stems, but they do not resemble a real tree. Regular raspberry, only gigantic. Standard raspberry fruit is good, but only if it is planted in a sunny place. It is necessary to fertilize the Tale plentifully, in the spring I use mineral complexes, and in the fall - cow dung. We do not bend the branches for the winter, since it is problematic to do this, but we cover the tops of the bushes with a spanbond. It hibernates well. The taste of the berries is good, but they are not as sweet and fragrant as those of ordinary garden raspberries. But the harvest is very abundant - up to 12 kg from a bush! We grow raspberries for sale, so we are generally very pleased with our standard fairytale.
Raspberry Tale, by right, can be called the pride of domestic breeding. The raspberry tree is very beautiful in appearance, it is decorated with gardens and plots, but, besides this, huge bushes bear fruit, giving high yields of tasty and beautiful berries.
Reviews of gardeners about this raspberry are mostly positive - the Tale is more and more firmly grounded in all regions of the country. Learn more about the standard grade can be found in the video: