If you want to grow in your garden early vegetables or greens will have to take care of the temporary shelter of plants from the night cool. A simple solution is to build a greenhouse. There are many varieties of shelters, but the greenhouse made of polycarbonate with an opening top often has to be liked by vegetable growers. Under such a mini-greenhouse there is no need to allocate a lot of space, and the building will cost several times cheaper.
Why in the greenhouse make opening sash
The greenhouse is intended for the cultivation of early greenery, seedlings and low plants. One-time shelter is usually made of film or non-woven cloth, but the capital structure is sheathed with polycarbonate. The sun's rays pass through the transparent walls, warming up the soil and plants. But back from the shelter the heat comes out very slowly. It accumulates in the soil and warms the plants from evening to morning, when the sun hides behind the horizon.
Most often, a greenhouse or greenhouse made of polycarbonate open at the top. And why is this necessary, because the shelter is designed to save heat? The fact is that the accumulated heat does not always benefit the plants. With strong heat, the temperature inside the greenhouse rises to a critical point. From the leaves and stems of plants leaves moisture. Due to dehydration, the culture becomes yellow, and then disappears. To save plants in hot weather, the leaves on the roof of the greenhouse or greenhouse open. Airing helps to normalize the optimum air temperature.
The second purpose of opening sashes is the free access to plants.Attention! The size of the greenhouse is several times smaller than the greenhouse. This is especially true of height. In the greenhouse do not equip avtopoliv and heating. Low shelter is designed for growing seedlings and small plants. Large agricultural crops are planted in greenhouses.
Usually in the manufacture of greenhouse polycarbonate adhere to these sizes:
- construction length - 1.5-4 m;
- product width with one opening segment - 1-1.5 m, with two opening flaps - 2-3 m;
- height - from 1 to 1.5 m.
Now imagine that there is a 1m high greenhouse. Polycarbonate is not a film. It can not be simply raised to water or feed the plants. All these problems of planting care are solved when the upper leaf opens. A person gets convenient access to plants. The opening top allows you to make even wide greenhouses from polycarbonate. To access the plants in such shelters put several valves on both sides.
Types of polycarbonate shelters with opening top
The shape of the roof of the greenhouse and greenhouses with opening top are divided into the following types:
- For covering the greenhouse with an arched roof, polycarbonate is the best, one might say, the only material. Transparent sheets are elastic. They are easy to shape a semicircular arch. The low weight of the sheet allows one person to work with polycarbonate. The high strength of the material withstands snow loads, but due to the semicircular shape, precipitation on the roof does not accumulate. The plus of the arched structure consists in draining condensate along the walls, and it does not fall on the growing stands. Minus the semicircular roof in the impossibility of growing tall plants. This is due to the inability to install ventilation windows on the long sides of the greenhouse.
- A greenhouse made of polycarbonate with a roof, referred to as a “droplet,” is a subspecies of an arched structure. The frame has a streamlined shape. Each segment under the slope converges to the top, where the ridge is formed. The shape of the roof is very convenient in terms of small accumulation of precipitation.
- The greenhouse with a gable roof is resistant to heavy loads. The design allows you to make comfortable sash opening rectangular shape. Polycarbonate gable roofs are installed even on stationary greenhouses. In such shelters can grow crops of any height. The only disadvantage is the high cost of construction. This is due to the complexity of manufacturing gable roof.
- A greenhouse with a lean-to roof resembles a box or chest, the lid of which opens upwards. Polycarbonate construction is made separately standing in the garden or adjacent to the house. From the advantages of the shelter, you can select only the ease of manufacture. The sun's rays penetrate poorly, the plants receive little light and develop poorly. With any slope, a single-pitch roof will collect a lot of precipitation, which increases the pressure on polycarbonate. In winter, with a shed roof constantly need to clear snow accumulations, otherwise the polycarbonate will not withstand a lot of weight and fail.
- The dome shape of a greenhouse or greenhouse consists of triangular segments. Each element sheathed by polycarbonate creates a refraction of light rays, which ensures its dispersion inside the greenhouse. Sash can be made so that the roof will be fully, if necessary, open or partially ajar.
Shelter with any shape of the roof can be made independently and sheathed with polycarbonate. Opening flaps hinged or buy factory-made mechanism. If desired, a finished greenhouse with opening top polycarbonate can be bought in the store. Its frame is quickly assembled according to the attached scheme and sheathed with polycarbonate.
The following models of factory production are the most popular among vegetable growers:
- The name "breadbasket" greenhouse acquired due to its shape. The arched design is made with one sliding shutter up. Some models are sometimes equipped with two opening doors. The shape and principle of opening the sash are made like a breadbasket.
- Shelter model called "butterfly" form resembles "breadbasket". The same arched polycarbonate construction, only the doors do not move, but open to the sides. In the raised position, the roof resembles the wings of a butterfly. The video shows the installation instructions for the butterfly butterfly greenhouse:
- A greenhouse made of polycarbonate in the form of an opening chest is called “Belgian”. When closed, the structure is a rectangular structure with a lean-to roof. If necessary, the bundle just open up.
Most often, the frame of the factory greenhouses is made of aluminum elements. The finished design is mobile and, if necessary, it can be disassembled for storage.
Advantages of polycarbonate greenhouses with opening doors
Buying or self-manufacturing of a polycarbonate greenhouse will cost a little more than just installing the arches on the garden and pulling the film. However, this has its advantages:
- The compactness and mobility of the product allows you to transfer it to any place. The materials used for the manufacture have a low weight, which will allow the design to be rearranged by two people. Due to the small size of the greenhouse fit on the smallest suburban area where it is impossible to install a greenhouse.
- Polycarbonate and aluminum are inexpensive, durable and durable materials. As a result, the vegetable grower gets a cheap shelter that will serve him for many years.
- Greenhouse with opening doors allows you to use the entire useful area of the beds. Moreover, the grower gets easy access to the plants, which facilitates the care of them.
If the reasons for the usefulness of polycarbonate shelters are convincing, it is time to choose the optimal installation site.
Where better to put a greenhouse
Small polycarbonate shelters are most often in demand in small suburban areas. In large yards it is more profitable to put a greenhouse. Returning to the small areas, it is worth noting that it is usually not necessary to choose according to the rules of a greenhouse. The owner is content with the minimum free space.
When on a large suburban area there is no desire to put a stationary greenhouse, then the choice of place under the greenhouse fit correctly:
- The optimal place to install a greenhouse - the southern or eastern side of the site. Here the plants will get plenty of sunshine and heat. On the north or west side of the courtyard, it is better not to put a polycarbonate cover. Labor will be in vain, and the vegetable grower will not see a good harvest.
- Maximum illumination is an important factor in choosing a location. It is undesirable to put polycarbonate shelter under trees or near tall structures, from which a shadow will fall.
- To keep the greenhouse warm longer, it is placed in a place protected from cold winds. It is desirable that from the north side there should be a fence or any other structure as close as possible.
After choosing the optimal place on your site, it is prepared to install a polycarbonate cover.
Preparing the site, it is immediately important to pay attention to the terrain. Optimally if it is plain. Otherwise, the hills will have to clean off, and fill the pits. If it is not possible to choose a plot on a hill or the high location of the groundwater interferes, it will be necessary to organize a drainage. He will drain the excess water from the garden.
The site is cleared of any vegetation, stones and various debris. We must immediately determine whether it will be a fixed installation or a temporary installation. If the greenhouse is permanently installed in one place, it is reasonable to build a small base for it.
Foundation manufacturing procedure
The polycarbonate cover is very light and does not require laying a powerful foundation. When performing a stationary installation of a structure, it is possible to make a simple base of a bar or red brick.Attention! The foundation of a polycarbonate greenhouse is no longer needed for support, but as a bed insulation. The base will prevent the penetration of cold from the ground into the garden, and will not allow the heat released by decomposable organic matter.
The simplest base is made according to this technology:
- with the help of stakes and construction cord on the plot put markup;
- to the depth and width of the bayonet, they dig a trench along the marking;
- a third of the depth of the trench is covered with sand;
- red brick lay out with bandaging, you can even without a solution;
- if the foundation is made of timber, the box is pre-treated by impregnation, roofing material is fixed from the bottom and sides, and then installed in a trench;
- The gap between the brick or wooden foundation and the walls of the trench is covered with gravel.
The installed polycarbonate greenhouse together with the foundation is attached to pieces of reinforcement with a length of 70 cm, driven into the ground. This prevents lightweight construction from tipping over in strong winds.
The order of assembly of the polycarbonate greenhouse depends on the model chosen. Together with the product comes instruction and scheme. Usually all elements are connected by hardware. Homemade frames most often welded from a tube, corner or profile. Polycarbonate fragments cut from a large sheet are fixed to the frame with special hardware with a sealing gasket. The collected greenhouse will only fasten to the foundation and you can equip the beds.
For your reference, this video shows the Clever greenhouse with an opening top: