Every year, gardeners carry out a thorough cleaning of weeds from their plot. These plants are distinguished by their unpretentiousness and vitality. They grow quickly, displacing other cultivated plants. The yield of vegetable crops can significantly deteriorate due to the high weed vegetation thickets. In addition, the appearance and quality of the fruit is seriously affected. How much weed is brought to all gardeners without exception. In this article, you will see how you can effectively use conventional detergent and vinegar from weeds.
The importance of weed control
Weeds not only drown out the cultivated plants in the garden, but also can provoke allergic reactions. These dangerous plants include dandelion, ambrosia, wormwood and coltsfoot. With the help of only one weeding will cope with the "enemy" will not succeed. The fact is that the root system and the seeds of such plants have high frost resistance. Therefore, from year to year, as soon as it gets warmer in the street, weeds grow back.Important! Regular weeding and mowing weeds helps prevent seed formation.
The disadvantage of such measures is a great investment of time and effort. Mowing weeds in the garden can be inconvenient, since there is a chance to harm vegetable crops. And manual weeding is a time-consuming process that gives a short-lived result. Some gardeners use chemicals. But it should be remembered that such harmful substances can persist in the ground for a long time, and besides, they are unsafe for human health.
Many forget that there are very effective folk methods for weed control. For example, you can independently prepare a natural herbicide from the following components:
- soap or detergent;
These ingredients are completely natural and will definitely not harm the environment and health. The disadvantages of this method include the fact that vinegar is not selective and can destroy not only weeds, but also cultivated plants. But, with the right application, nothing like this will happen.
Preparation of Acetic Solution
The most important thing to consider before use is the acidity level of vinegar. It is acetic acid that burns unwanted plants. This substance can be used independently and in combination with other components. Such ingredients make the drug more effective.
Vinegar also has an effect on some pests. For example, it fights well with ants, which often inhabit both the garden and the garden. So, the recipe for the preparation of such a natural herbicide consists of the following steps:
- It is necessary to prepare 1 liter of vinegar and 10 ml of any dishwashing detergent or liquid soap.
- Both components are thoroughly mixed and used for spraying.
This is the easiest, but very effective solution preparation. You can make a more concentrated mixture, without the addition of washing means. For this you will need:
- liter of vinegar;
- tablespoon of lemon juice.
This solution has a high acid content, thanks to which it has an excellent effect on unwanted plants. But this is not the limit. The next tool is able to fight even the most annoying plants. It is necessary to mix in one container:
- 1 liter of vinegar.
- 6 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 4 teaspoons of dishwashing detergent or soap.
- 6 tablespoons of alcohol.
To combat small weeds, mix the mixture in half with water. You can also make a great herbicide using ordinary salt with soap. For this we take:
- vinegar - 1.5 liters;
- salt - 30 grams;
- liquid soap - 1 tsp.
You can also add essential oils to vinegar. Orange or clove oil is suitable for this purpose. Just one tablespoon of essential oil is dissolved in a bottle of vinegar. The mixture should be thoroughly whipped so that the oil does not float on the surface.
Proper use of the solution
Under no circumstances should the entire area be sprayed with vinegar. In this case, it is possible to cause irreparable harm to cultivated plants. In order for weed treatment to be effective and correct, it is necessary to strictly follow these rules:
- For beds you should purchase a special jet nebulizer. Spraying in this case can harm vegetable crops. If weeds a little, you can use a brush. Such an application is the safest both for plants and for the soil.
- If you need to treat the area where there are only weeds, you can use a regular watering can or spray. In this way, weeds are removed on the roadsides and garden paths.
- Vinegar is a very strong substance that can destroy not only plants, but also beneficial microorganisms and bacteria in the soil. Therefore, do not allow the ingress of funds on the soil. It is necessary to process only leaves, flowers and weed trunks. Soap has antibacterial effect and soap. Consider this when choosing components for a solution.
- High weeds should be cut before spraying. The solution is applied to the remaining lower part of the plant.
- Dishwashing has an important role in the prepared herbicide. It promotes good adhesion of the solution to the plant. Choosing it, you must consider the composition. It should not contain phosphates and phenols. These are toxic substances that can harm the environment. This also includes bleach and sodium hypochlorite.
- Instead of liquid soap, you can use the economic. It has a more natural composition.
- For the effectiveness of the procedure requires sunny weather. It is heat that activates the remedy and helps to act on weeds. Before applying the herbicide, find out the weather forecast for the next 3 days. This time is enough for the tool to work. On the day of use of the drug should not be wind, it can spread the substance throughout the site.
- It is necessary to process the plants before they bloom. Do not allow seeds to enter the soil.
- Dried weeds after treatment should be removed from the site or burned. The procedure can be repeated if there are young shoots.
- It is necessary to protect hands and eyes during the procedure. For this, gardeners use household gloves and glasses.
Now you know exactly how ordinary available tools can help you in the fight against weeds. Many gardeners have already abandoned chemicals. Perhaps you also thought about the question: "What means to use on my site?". Chemicals badly affect the quality of the soil, and can also seriously harm health. Vinegar based products are completely safe and environmentally friendly. For their preparation fit the cheapest and simplest components. For example, such as soap, salt and citric acid. When used properly, they will help to cope with unwanted vegetation without harm to cultural plantings.